16| Some Unspoken Thing

I sagged against the back of my hotel room door. That was close. Too close. To be honest, I shouldn't have taken Ayden to Rainbow Falls; and we definitely shouldn't have--

knock-knock-knock

My heart nearly stopped as I turned and opened the door. I didn't need to look through the peep-hole to see who it was. I frowned at his odd expression "Ayden. Did you forget something?"

"Yeah, I did," he breathed as he stepped into my room. He took my face in his hands and crushed his lips to mine. I vaguely heard the sound of the hotel room door close behind him. 

As always my hormones seemed to override my sanity. I didn't do anything to stop him. On the contrary, I parted my lips, aching to taste the wine on his tongue. I tilted my head to the side, moaning when he deepened the kiss. Fire spread through my body at lightning speed all the way to my core. Nothing has ever felt like this before. No one has ever made me feel like this. 

To my displeasure, Ayden pulled back but kept his hands on my face. "Do you have any idea how beautiful you are?" 

I licked my lips and still felt that residual tingle I got after he kissed me. "We shouldn't be doing this," I whispered and ignored his question. 

"I know." His eyes searched my face and the corner of his mouth lifted in a smile. "We can't deny that we have some unspoken thing between us, Lanie."

"Some unspoken thing?" Even though I heard the words when he said them, I couldn't think. I tried to process what was happening, but it felt impossible. 

"Yes," he answered with a chuckle. "We both know that we shouldn't be doing this. We both know what can happen if we do." 

"Yes," I agreed absently.

"But I wanna do it anyway," he admitted. He moved his hands as he kissed me first on the lips, then left a trail to my neck. "I want you, Lanie. Do you want me?" 

My eyes slid closed as I gave him better access to my neck and gripped his arms. "No." 

He chuckled against my skin; the vibration caused my knees to go weak. "Truth or lie, Goddess?" 

I didn't need to answer that. The way I was clutching him and pulling him closer was answer enough. "If we do this," I began and he lifted his head to look at me, "it's just for tonight. We remain friends only. And--and no one can know."

"Is that a yes?" he asked with a hint of surprise. It was like he wasn't expecting me to actually give in. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to either. 

"Yes," I whispered and pulled my tank top and sports bra over my head. No sooner than when they hit the floor, Ayden picked me up and my legs wound around his waist. His lips never left mine while he carried me to the bed. My hands were wrapped around his neck as he laid me down beneath him. 

He leaned back and sat on his legs. He held my gaze as he reached for the top of my yoga pants. I lifted my hips in silent permission. He pulled both my pants and my panties down my legs. His gaze roamed over my naked body with hunger and want. I worried my bottom lip as he pulled his shirt off and threw it to the floor. Fuck, he was glorious. His biceps were thick and muscular; clearly he lifted weights religiously. He had a delicious six pack that I couldn't wait to get my hands on. 

I grew impatient and wanted to feel more of him. I leaned up far enough to reach for the dog tags that hung around his neck. I gripped them and pulled him down over me. His rested his large body between my open thighs. He still had his sweats on and I could feel the material brush against me. 

"Pants--off," I ordered between kisses.   He obeyed and made quick work of taking off the final piece of clothing that kept us from being skin to skin. This time, when he came back down to kiss me, I felt his hard length rub against my core. I moaned in his mouth at the feeling.