Chapter Two

There are literally fifteen minutes until our train that is in ANOTHER TOWN and Danny and Jacob haven’t come to pick you up yet. You keep texting them but they won’t answer you. 

“Where are you???” you sent to Danny only to receive a text saying that they were there and to hurry up or you’d miss the train. What the fuckk! You sighed running to gather all of your things then running out without any shoes on to Danny’s car. 

“Thanks for the heads up of being on your way guys” you said sarcastically while rolling your eyes. Danny was about to shoot back an even more sarcastic comment before you and Jacob shouted 

“Just gooooo!” in unison. 

“Okay okay but you asked for it” Danny replied, slamming on the gas pedal and speeding the whole way to the train station. You got there five minutes early because your train was late, so, you were stuck, waiting in the cold, without a jacket, because you didn’t want to bring one since it would cover up your custom shirt. When the train arrived you saw people reuniting before you and Jacob got on, family, friends, couples… you sighed.

“What’s up princess?” Jacob asked you. He could always tell when something was wrong. That was the thing about Jacob. He could read you like a book. No one else could ever just look at you and tell what kind of mood you were in. It was a good thing and a bad thing, good because he was always able to keep you in check because of it. You never had the chance to act on your depressive thoughts after Jacob came into your life because sometimes he could tell something was wrong before you even knew something was wrong. But it was so bad sometimes too, where you would literally curse him for being able to read you so well because sometimes you wanted so badly to relapse but in the end he was always there to stop you and it got emotional because he would just push and push your emotions until you finally broke down and told him what was wrong. And thinking about it you had to admit that was good in the end because it helped to prevent you from relapsing but it led to so many tears and sometimes he would push it in public as well. And it wasn’t his fault. He knew if he didn’t push it as soon as he noticed it then you’d find a chance to relapse but it was still very stressful having to breakdown in public like that just because he didn’t want you hurting yourself. But you couldn’t complain, because he was all you had. And you loved him for that. You loved him for never giving up on you.

“I.. I just.. I just need a person Jacob” 

“You have one” He said, pointing to himself with a cheesy grin on his face. You looked down at the steps of the train while getting on. 

“You know what I mean Jake..” 

“Yeah.. I know..” he said, as you both sat down. 

“Look at me” he said, putting a finger under your chin and guiding you to look at him in the eyes. He looked past your eyes, into your soul it seemed. And the way he looked you could tell that he firmly stood with what he was about to say 100%. You knew he was about to be serious and honest and compassionate. Another thing you loved about him. He was such a goofy person, but could be so serious when the time called for it.

“Someday, someone is gonna look at you with a light in their eyes that you have NEVER seen. They are going to look at you like you are everything that they have been searching for their entire lives. Wait for it. One day, someone is going to hug you so tight that all of your broken pieces will stick back together. Okay?” he said, noticing you smiling slightly. 

“And for the time being,” he continued, “just focus on the now. Like the fact that in five to six hours, you’re gonna be able to hug Camila. And thank her for saving your life. And I will thank her, for being the reason behind my best friend’s gorgeous smile, for keeping her alive and giving her a reason to breathe every single day. Being the reason she no longer hurts herself the way that she used to” he finished with a smile that was so genuine. You hugged him and mumbled a silent “thank you” into his chest. 

The rest of the agonizingly long ride you talked about songs you were excited to hear them sings and songs that you just hoped they would sing. You also spammed the girls’ twitters asking what they’ve been doing since they’ve gotten to Chicago and what they liked most about being here. Although you knew it was most likely sleeping since they had just flown in from London. When Ally tweeted about how good your pizza was you two looked at each other because even though it wasn’t a direct tweet she had indirectly answered one of your guys’ questions. 

“I bet the girls are eating pizza right now since Ally randomly tweeted about it” 

“I wonder which place they went to” 

“Probably Lou Malnati’s. Every famous person eats there at least once, especially if they’re a pizza lover” you said while chuckling, imagining the looks on their faces while eating. Just then you heard the conductor’s voice announce that in a few minutes you’d be pulling into Union Station. 

“Oh my godddd Jakeee! I’m so excited! 

“Me too!” he half shouted while grinning sheepishly about the people staring at you guys that probably think you’re insane. When the train came to a stop you two dashed out of the doors and into the station. 

“I’m kinda hungry” Jake said, continuing with “let’s stop at McDonalds” 

“Jake! I wanna hurry and get thereee!” 

“Yes, but y/n, you’re not wearing a coat, and it’s cold outside. Doors don’t even open for another five hours. Let’s eattt” 

“Fine ya big baby” you said, caving in because you knew no matter what nothing was going to separate him from him and McDonalds. You got your food and sat down. Jake took almost an entire hour just to eat chicken nuggets. You figured he was just stalling so you wouldn’t be in the cold without a jacket. It was cute but seriously, you didn’t care. You just wanted to get to the venue. Like, what if the girls were there right now and you had a chance to see them early? And you wanted to meet other Harmonizers and actually do something social with your life for once. When you got to the venue there was a pretty decent sized line even though doors didn’t open for another four hours.

“Jesus..” you said, looking at all the people. You made friends surprisingly quickly and passed time waiting in line by talking to them the whole time about little random things. You found out they were both Camila girls just like you so that was cool because literally you all just talked and talked about Camila without getting tired of the subject, while Jake found Normani girls to talk to behind him, since he was a Normani guy. Before you knew it. There was an hour and a half until the doors opened when you saw five familiar faces inside the AT&T store emerging from a back room to start sound check. Camila came over to the window and smiled at you while putting her hand up to the glass matching up with yours. You could already tell this was going to be the greatest night of your life.