Chapter Sixteen

A/N: Hiiii, new chapter up now :) also I saw a prompt for a story on tumblr, not really belonging to any fandom, not even sure if it was ever picked up for a fanfic, but I really liked it, like a lot, so I’m going to be starting up another Camila/You fic, (don’t have a name yet for it but I’ll tell y’all once I post it), and it’s going to be AU. This doesn’t mean I’m done with this fic, because I’m far from done, I was going to wait until I finished but I just have so many great ideas right now and don’t want to lose them, so yep. VOTE/COMMENT FOR AN UPDATE EITHER TOMORROW OR MONDAY!!

You sit next to Camila and across from Sinu at the table. Next to Sinu is Alejandro, and on the other side of Camila, Sofi moved a chair to sit next to her bigger sister. 

“So, little one, how was the Windy City?” Alejandro asked, looking towards Camila. 

“Oh it was so great, I love Chicago. The crowd is always so energetic, and know like all of our songs which is really cool. And now I have a reason to love Chicago even more” She said, smiling at you. 

“Ah, yes, y/n did you grow up in Chicago?” He asked you. 

“Umm just outside of it, I’m more of a suburban kid. But I used to visit the city all of the time. I love it there.. Whenever I was there, it’s always felt like more of a home than my actual home was..” You furrowed your brow. Camila put her hand on your thigh, and whispered,

“If it gets too personal then you don’t need to answer, they’ll understand babe” You bite your lip and Alejandro proceeds asking questions. 

“So, does that mean you’re not a big family person? Because we are, and we’d like Camila to be with someone who is as well” Sinu and Camila both shot up to look at him, but he kept his stare at you. 

“Well.. I wouldn’t say that exactly.. My family really just aren’t big “y/n people”.. they always had big expectations of me as all family would and should.. But it was different, I couldn’t ever be good enough for them and then when I came out it was kind of the final straw for them I guess because I came out, and got kicked out. I moved in with my friend Jacob, who’s also gay, and yeah. His family became my family and don’t get me wrong, they were nice, but I never really felt like they were family” 

“So you don’t talk to anyone from your family anymore?” 

“Sadly no.. I wish I could’ve stayed in contact with my little sister, but my father wouldn’t allow that so..” Camila had a shocked expression, probably because you never mentioned siblings. 

“Mami, papi, the dinner was great and I’m sure y/n loved it as well-” you nodded in agreement, “but this is all new to y/n and I’m sure she’s really tired so we’re just going to go upstairs and get ready for bed” 

“You’re not sharing a room are you??” You hear Alejandro half yell. Camila turned around and made a puppy face to Sinu. 

“They can share a room Alejandro!! It’s not like one of them will wake up pregnant, besides, I’d think you trusted our daughter more than that, and I’m sure you’ve made y/n uncomfortable enough. Goodnight girls, I love you mija” Alejandro sighed in defeat and said goodnight. 

“Night mama y papa, te amo” Camila said grabbing your hand and walking you up the stairs. 

“I’m so sorry about that babe.. My dad tends to be a little protective” 

“It’s alright. The dad’s are always the tough one’s to crack. Besides, an overprotective dad typically means that the daughter is more than worth it if they care that much. And I believe you’re worth anything in the world” Camila blushed and looked at you.