F • Kai

Flirt

Because he likes you

I love this one s u e m e
Soft Kai is the best Kai. Point. Blank. Period.
Big thanks to some people on discord.

Warning(s): mature language

 •Warning(s): mature language •

"Hey, Princess," Kai said, leaning on his locker that was unfortunately beside mine.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes but a groan of annoyance escaped my lips. Kai was following me everywhere since the starting of the school year and it was driving me nuts. He laughed at my groan. I gave him a side glare, opening my locker. He nodded his head towards the inside of my locker, I fixed my gaze in front of me and I let out a small gasp.
Another note.

Someone was giving me anonymous notes, telling me how much they liked me. I was kind of frustrated. Sure, they were cute.
C'mon! I wanted to know who it was so I could appreciate them a little more. I had a feeling it was Kai. It was obvious. No one else gave me that kind of attention like he did.
I also told him my combo to my lock since I couldn't open it once.
"This anonymous person is getting on my fucking nerves," I stressed. Kai was also the only person who knew about the notes since he was beside me. I was at the end of the locker wall so no one else could know.

Kai tensed, chuckling nervously. "How so?" It was so him.

"I want to know who's sending me these letters."

"To go on a date with them?" He proposed. I looked at him dead in the eye.

"No," I said in an obvious tone. "To thank them. Whoever sending me these is helping me tremendously with my self-esteem."

"To thank them?" He looked at me as if I had a third eye.
Did I grow one?
"They seem to be into you. And you seem to be into them," he remarked, standing up straighter.

"That's preposterous! I can't like a- a stranger!"

"Really?" Now he was giving me a ridiculous look. He raised his eyebrows, looking at me with his amber eyes under his god given lashes. "Every time you open the note, you smile like a dork."

"It's cute," I defended, drawling out the word into a whine, holding the unopened envelope close to me. The envelope was red with a gold envelope inside, closed with a ninja sticker. It was the same ninja every single time.
The red ninja.
My favourite was the black one but whatever. "What they wrote really makes my heart swell with warmth. I feel like they actually mean what they wrote." Even though I had my suspicions on Kai, I meant everything I said. They did make my heart grow warm.

So maybe I did wanna go on a date. Sue me. It would be nice to know the person who took their time out of their day just to send me these.
Even if it was Kai. Something inside of me hoped it was him.

"And...?" He pushed.

I broke. "Okay, fine! Maybe I do want to spend a day with anonymous," I huffed, crossing my arms. "Just a little get together to know them better."

He smiled, a chuckle coming from his nose. "I have to go, princess. Tell me what they say tomorrow." And so he was off.
If the person wasn't Kai, I won't go. Something just didn't sit right knowing it wouldn't be him.
Maybe I should give Kai a chance. Playing hard to get was tiring enough.

I opened the envelope, surprised what was inside.

'Hey, princess,

you should know who i am by now because i call you that in my letters and in real life. but youre super oblivious. its super fun seeing you get stressed out about who it is.
its me kai :p
im guessing i convinced you to go on a date with your mysterious admirer.
now youll have to go on a date with me.
the cute princess with the hot prince.

ill pick you up on friday seven pm.
don't be late. wear whatever you want because you look gorgeous in everything.

youre the cutest person ive ever met and i hope we will last.
what am i saying? of course we will last :)

love, your secret admirer, kai.'

Tears formed in my eyes, my suspicions were correct. I looked at the direction where Kai had left, feeling the trace of his existence.
I was so glad that it was Kai.

"Kai you flirt," I chuckled the next day of school, throwing my arms around him. He laughed back, holding my figure as well. I could sense the relief he was feeling from how relaxed his body was when I hugged him. He buried his face in the crook of my neck, placing a gentle kiss, causing me to giggle.

"I love you, princess" he blurted. Kai immediately let go of the hug, awkwardly not knowing where to look. An excited laugh escaped my throat, hugging him once more, catching him off guard.

"Love you too, hothead."