H • Peter

Hate

Because he did something unforgivable

I personally don't think peter would do this but I'm a sucker for some good angst.
Also sorry for the hiatus. I had no ideas for the 'H' imagines.

Warning(s): cheating. Don't do this please. If you fall out of love or have no interest just break up with them.

 •

It started very simple.

"...it's five, right?" Y/n asked peter, finishing the equation for her math class during lunch. She wasn't as smart as Peter so she always came to her boyfriend whenever she was stuck. Free tutoring lessons anyways and Peter loved helping her.
Lately (past few weeks for that matter), Peter's attention has been awfully divided. Whenever they were together, his attention was somewhere else. It wasn't his usual kind it was more dazed.

His usual consists of him having to be called upon twice and he'd respond.
Now, he had to be called on more than that, didn't even look at anything near them, and once she left and he didn't notice until a half an hour later.

She grew worried of what was keeping his mind busy. Being a superhero wasn't easy. Especially for a seventeen year old. It bugged her to know why he was distant. She nudged his shoulder to get a reaction. Nothing.

"Peter," she called as she continued to shake him lightly. His spidey sense finally working.

"Yeah," he replied in a rushed tone, wondering why she sounded so hasty.

"You were zoning out again," she told him. Shutting his eyes, he tried to regain his train of thought. Her hand dropped from his shoulder to his arm, grasping it. "Is something bothering you?"
More like someone was distracting him. He shook his head, moving his arm, her hand letting go of him. She turned back to her work, not wanting his help anymore. "Okay then. I'm going to my teacher to ask him some questions." Packing her stuff up and stood up to go.

"Okay," he replied, distraught once more. Y/n flared her nostrils in frustration, speed walking out of the cafeteria.

Then it slowly grew as days passed.

"Hey, MJ!" Y/n greeted her best friend who was currently with Ned.

"Hello," she said back, a nod following her greeting.

"I know you've been raving about that new horror film that came out a few days ago," she put her hands in her pocket, "so, I got us tickets!" She cheered in excitement, waving the pieces of paper in her face. MJ didn't share the same expression, her chest filling with guilt. Her attention was averted somewhere else, not being to look at her in the eye.
Y/n caught on when MJ didn't smile. "You don't want to go?

The curly haired teen licked her lips as they suddenly got dry. "I- I already went...with Peter." The joyful girl who got stumped once, she got stumped on again. The monotoned female never hesitated while talking.

"You both went without me?"

"And me," Ned spoke up, his arms crossed. Both girls looked at him questionably, brows higher than the other in confusion. He dropped his arms, and began to smile. "I'm joking. I hate horror movies," he shuddered.

"We didn't know if you were interested."

Y/n slowly became furious. "Didn't know?! I literally fangirled with you about the main character for weeks!"

MJ's frown deepened. "I am sorry." The other teen sighed, pushing the tickets back into her pocket.

"It's- It's fine. I'll find someone else to go with."

Then the secret came out.

Y/n walked around her local park, waiting for Peter to show up. He had a mission that morning so she was patient. The snow crunches under the weight of her foot, the wind blowing in her direction, making her hair dance.
It had been an hour since the planned time. The cold had gotten to her and she decided that it was time to head back.

On her way back she sees a sight that broke her heart.

Peter and MJ kissing.

That was who Peter was staring at.

He fell out of love with her and in love with MJ.

The way Y/N's heart broke hurt her physically. She gulped down the tears that threatened to leave her eyes, the temptation to cry just seconds away.
She stomped towards the two who broke away in a jump. The words got stuck in her throat as the two looked afraid.

The teen faced her boyfriend. "How long?"

He looked down, knowing what she was talking about. "A few months." Tears fell. She couldn't hold back them back anymore. Behind her back, two of her close friends stabbed her in the back.

"I hate you! Both of you! Never talk to me again!" She walked away, her friendship taken for granted.

And to think she loved him