F • Jay

Fine

Because that's what he tells you when he's not

Warning(s): sad Jay. The whole world stops when he's not happy.

This is sad y'all

(Just pretend he didn't smile after)•

Jay wasn't okay.

His team wondered what was wrong. They tried helping him, asking him to hang out, play video games, but he wouldn't budge. Jay stayed in his room, day and night, only leaving when necessary. It wasn't even his team's fault that he was like this. It wasn't his girlfriend's fault either.

It was him.
He was so tired of everything, sick, and exhausted. He loathed leaving his room, the only place that he found comfort.
Was it comfortable, though? Staying cooped up in his room, doing god knows what. Did he actually enjoy the space of his room in the monastery? Sure, it was spacious, but did it hold the thrill that outside had in its grasp?

It was dinner, the team tried starting a conversation. Jay hated small talk. He wanted to go deep into a conversation that would take so many turns from life to peanut butter. At that point, he didn't care who it would be with. Heck, it could be with sensei Wu and he would be satisfied.

Jay just wanted to spill everything that was on his mind, but doubt and fear held him back. They were chains that were holding him against his will, one for each wrist. He struggled to let go, tugging and pulling, trying to think of memories that would give him strength to break the chains. There wasn't any.

There wasn't one memory that he didn't feel like he was burdening someone. There wasn't one he could remember he was fully happy. His parents would show up in his head every now and then, but they were on vacation; far from him. Besides, it wasn't like they would understand what he was going through.

He ran in a family of optimism. Explaining his jokes that he would make during battle, because it was the only thing that made him feel lighter in the heavy situation.
Most importantly, it reminded him of his parents. Even though talking to them about he felt didn't help much, at least they listened to what he had to say, trying to comprehend what their son was feeling.

The team gave up on trying to include Jay, so they carried on with their own conversations. Y/n sent a pitiful glance at her lover, sighing in defeat. She was trying so hard to get him back on his feet. She took him to places he loved, cuddled with him, tried being there for him, but he didn't return the affection. She worried for their relationship, however, she was concerned for him overall.
She rested her hand on his thigh, giving it a small squeeze before returning her gaze to the team who were telling a story about their mission.

Jay stood up abruptly, Y/n's hand falling off. She looked at him questionably, hastily following him as if she were a stray dog looking for an owner. She caught his arm right before he could head to his haven: his room. Sadness laced on her face.

"Are you okay?" She asked softly, her voice breathing out like a feather.

He nodded, ripping his arm out of her burning touch. He didn't want to talk to her, he already told her too much than she can handle. He couldn't do something like that to her.
And even though he didn't show it, he loved her. "I'm fine."