R • Zane

Reset

Because he needs to start over

the prompt will make sense once you've read the chapter
i created this plot line before i watched crystallized part 2. how ironic

Warning(s): mature language, i apologize before hand

 how ironic•Warning(s): mature language, i apologize before hand•

"There has to be another way!"

Kai loudly exclaimed.

He hit his fist against his palm, a way to make a statement. Everyone wanted to agree, they wish there were another way. Sadly, according to everyone (the smart people), there isn't. They all stood around Zane who had wires hooked up to his head and power source.

Y/n ignored his words and continued what she had to do. The very thing Zane begged her to do. She hated how selfless he was. She absolutely despised his lack of selfishness. His lack of want or need for himself. She at least wanted him to feel a small but of regret in his actions, but when the predicament could crumble Ninjago to the ground...being selfish won't help anybody.
She plugged in the last wire and now all they had to do is set it up.

"We can't do this, Y/n. Tell Zane we can't do this!" Cole was on the verge of tears and gripped the 'bed' Zane was on. He was yelling at her and she didn't even mind. She would yell too.

Zane looked at Cole with a frown. "You are aware that I am right here. There is no need for Y/n to tell me when I can hear you just fine." The black ninja's eyes furrowed and looked at his friend with the worst glare.

"We might be able to convince you to change your mind if Y/n tells you to."

"The whole of Ninjago is at stake."

"That doesn't mean erasing your memory completely is the only option!" The blue ninja yelled at him.

Nya paused her actions, as she was typing on the computer. "Jay...?" She turned around and faced her yang who was distressed beside her. He left the keyboard, running his fingers through his auburn locks. He was trying to shake off the feeling of his anxiety rising. He was about to do something irreversible and he already regretted his actions.

"It can't be. Pixal, there has to be a more reasonable thing we can do." The looks on Pixal's face was her answer. She frowned and looked away. "I know I was the one who said this was the only way but...but what if we- we go find the code the Overlord needs and erase it."

Y/n answered his question. It slightly annoyed her because he knew the answer. It annoyed her even more that she said the reality of the fate they were dealt with out loud.
"Jay, you and I both know that's impossible. We don't know what the code looks like. For all we know it could be engraved in somewhere that either needs a password or is disguised to look normal. Not to mention the short time limit we are on." She didn't once look away from the computer and proceeded as planned. The hesitation was obvious in her actions but her voice stayed firm.