U • Cole

Unfortunate

because things didn't go as planned

this hurts to write. but i need to switch it up lol

Warning(s): mature language

 but i need to switch it up lol•Warning(s): mature language •

Days were constantly bleak and grey.

There wasn't a day of colour or excitement. It repeated in this cycle that became unsustainable after some time. Nothing new, nothing that gave life a meaning. It wasn't as if there wasn't any effort, it was just that the effort made was laid to waste.

Only by one side of the party.

Y/n was the optimist in everyone's story. Happy and bright, making sure she looked at the light rather than the darkness. She was hopeful, she was willing; but sometimes that isn't enough. It wasn't enough. Being happy and a bright life was only good for sometime.

Cole, was almost the opposite. Almost -- in the sense that he was the same way. But after the constant repetition and boredom that followed, his interests weren't interests anymore. That included his girlfriend. Now, it wasn't as if he planned on dumping her or anything. He had a crush, he took the risk and surprise, surprise, she liked him back. Their honeymoon phase was for a good seven months. They were full of light and fun.

However, it wasn't like that anymore.

It was the same date every other Sunday. At the same three places. The same movies they would watch. The same kisses. The same everything.

Nothing excited him. He knew Y/n was trying her hardest and he did as well. They planned a date at a music store and that went terribly. They went to the arcade and that didn't go so well either. They tried having a little date that would mimic a sleepover but nope. The reason? They were all boring. The same words would be exchanged. The same kisses, the same cuddles.

After at some point, Y/n looked the same. Now, he hated that he was having these type of thoughts, so he tried remembering the reasons why he liked her in the first place. She was a great listener. So, he had a small thing he was going through and ranted to her.

"I know you will get through this, Cole. If you need anything for me to do, I am at your disposal. I love you, don't forget that." The same words. They sounded better when they were friends. Before he had that crush on her.

Nothing came from it. No fast beating heart from her touch, his cheeks were at normal temp.
Weird, he thought.

She was also an amazing cook. He loved to watch her make the food. So when she mentioned she was going to make pasta, he sat at the island to watch her cook. He has done this numerous times and not once had it been anything less than great.