#6 - Tribute to Kai

Okay, I'm really sorry for not updating anything, but to be honest, I haven't felt like doing anything. Some people who I thought were my friends told me to {excuse my language} fuck off and told everyone that I was the one who said that. She also began spreading crap about me, so... And then Kai (@/hazellevesque.irl (on Instagram).) committed suicide on the 22nd of December... I swear I'm still in denial that she's actually dead. It will be in her P.O.V.

.

.

{Kai} T/W: references to suicide, death, rape and abuse

.

.

I knew I was dead as I saw the Underworld. At first I was confused as to why I didn't have to go past Charon, but I accepted that I don't have to wait and continued towards the end of the 'Attendant on Duty' line. The spirit in front of me turned and looked at me pitifully. "You're another suicide victim aren't you? See the smallest line? That's where you go." He told me. "Thank you." I replied quietly as I walked to the small line. In front of me was a girl sobbing, "I didn't believe them! And I did this. Why?" She cried. I put my hand on her shoulder "It's okay. I'm Kailynn, but I prefer Kai, I guess." She sniffed and looked at me, "I'm Allison, but I prefer Ally." She replied, I smiled at her, but it hurt as I thought of Alex and Michael, they were my friends and I left them. But I am definitely happier now, just like Andy said before he died. I stopped smiling as I thought of Andy. I am going to slap him! I swear.

.

.

"Why are you here, dead?" I asked bluntly, "I drowned myself." I nodded before replying quickly "I hoarded my pills and had an overdose." She flinched. The line moved up a bit, I was now fifth in line. Even though I go I was around twentieth before. There were about 7 people behind me. "Where are you hoping to go?" I asked "Asphodel, but I want to see where the judges think I deserve." She replied, "Are you... Demigod?" I asked. She nodded "And you?" I shook my head, "No, but I read the books by Mr Rick Riordan. Do you have any idea on who the judges are right now?" I asked. Ally laughed, "I'm pretty sure it's Shakespeare, Nico and Lee Fletcher right now, for the suicide line at least." I sighed. "I have to ask them where Andy got. I want to slap him." I muttered to myself.

.

.

A voice called out 'NEXT!' And I realised it was Ally's turn "Good luck." I whispered as I hugged her and she walked though the door that was soon covered by shadows that were most likely solidified. It felt like 10 minutes had passed when the shadows retracted and the person yelled 'NEXT!' again. I walked through and felt a chill on my back as the shadows intertwined in the gap behind me. I walked forward until I was standing in front of the three judges, Shakespeare, son of Athena, Lee Fletcher, son of Apollo and Nico di Angelo, son of Hades were sat in front of me. "Kailynn (insert last name here, I don't know her last name)," Nico smiled before continuing, "Hazel Levesque of the IRL fam on Instagram, previously also Hazel of the lucky fam. Abused and," he gasped "raped by family, bullied by peers. Self-harmed. Died by pill overdose after carving IRL fam into your stomach. Friend of Andy (insert other last name that I also don't know), the Fred Weasley of the IRL fam. Inspired others in several ways." He flinched, he is probably always a judge for this line. Yet he stood up and came and hugged me.

.

.

Even though his skin was cold, I melted into the hug and sobbed. Besides Ella, Michael and Andy, no-one hugged me. Lee got up and hugged me also, from the outside of Nico. "Thou deserve Elysium." Shakespeare told me, Lee let go and sat back down in his seat. Nico let go and put a hand on my shoulder "Shakespeare is right, would you like to try for rebirth, or do you just want to go straight to Elysium?" I shook my head, "No thank you Nico. I don't want rebirth, I'm fine with just having Elysium." He smiled at me. "Well, I'll just have to personally escort you to your new home." I was shocked "You don't have to-" he cut me off "I want to, you've had a tough life. Worse than me, to be honest. I just want to make sure that you are happy where you are going to live." I looked down. "Thank you Nico. Shakespeare, Lee, I am glad that I met you and that you were my judges. Thank you." I thanked them. "You're welcome. I think that on behalf of the both of us, we're glad we met you." Lee told me as I followed Nico out.