#21 - Tokyo Ghoul crossover

This is probably the fastest thing I've ever written. I love Tokyo Ghoul so much! oUo So basically Nico + Kaneki = My perfect adorable cinnamon roll children combo (although, Mika and Yuu would also be epic to add in but they're in a different anime).

<Nico P.O.V>

I was walking through the streets of Tokyo, exhausted from all the Shadow Travelling I had done recently. I was ready to collapse at any given moment but I needed to find somewhere safe. After all, there are those 'Ghoul' things on the streets. I clenched my fist as I felt somebody die right near me, I'd say a street or two away. I walked closer to where I felt the death.

Call me an idiot if you wish, call me death-seeking even, but remember that I'm a demigod, I deal with near death situations almost daily. I stopped right at the corner of the street I was certain the death took place. Was I really willing to face a flesh-eating monster? Then I thought, to Tartarus with fear and concern for my life. I was meant to die over 70 years ago and I almost died in Tartarus. If I could survive that, I can survive pretty much anything.

I steeled myself, ready to face one of Japan's 'Ghouls' and I stepped around the corner, gagging almost instantly as I saw a boy who couldn't look much older than me (a few years at most) scoffing the flesh of a homeless man as if he hasn't eaten in weeks. I stepped into the shadows and crept closer to him. He paused his eating after he had barely eaten an arm and gasped, putting his bloody hands on his face "Oh my god, what did I do? I am so sorry-" he trailed off into sobs "I'm a monster." He managed to say.

Frowning at his behaviour, I stepped out of the shadows "It's too late to say sorry, that person is dead." I stated, announcing my arrival finally. He whipped his head around and saw me standing behind him with my Stygian Iron sword in clear view. I subconsciously felt my eyes widen as I saw that a single one of his eyes was pretty much solid black with a red iris. His right eye however, was a colour much like mine, obsidian black and looked at me with utmost terror.

"Please don't kill me." The boy pleaded. I looked at him skeptically "Fine. As long as you don't make a single move to harm me then we have a deal." He nodded in agreement "Do you have anything to wipe the-" he swallowed nervously "-blood off of my hands and face?" I pulled a travel pack of tissues out of my pocket and passed him two of them. Once he had them in his hands he started rubbing the blood off of his body with no hesitation. "Thank you so much." He paused, thinking for a second "I'm Kaneki Ken." He held a hand out but made a face, remembering that he was just eating a human.

"I'm Nico di Angelo." He smiled but then looked at me in slight fear "How did you find me? Are you going to kill me?" I analysed him, looking to decide whether to tell him before taking a deep breath "I sensed that man die. See, I'm a demigod, son of the Greek god Hades, god of the Underworld." His eyes widened a fraction out of interest "How cool! It sounds like you would also be a protagonist for a tragic story." I frowned in confusion "Huh?" I asked and he blushed slightly in embarrassment.

"It's just a thing I used to say to my friend Hide a while back before tragic events happened. I always said to him 'If I was the main protagonist of a story, it'd be a tragedy', due to the nature of my fate." I narrowed my eyes "Surely your life hasn't been too bad?" I responded and he simply smiled slightly "How about we go back to my work and share stories." He suggested and I shrugged in agreement.

He stood up and started walking "It's not too far from here actually. If you don't mind, you can stay there overnight because I've honestly never seen you around." I scoffed slightly before following him "I live in Long Island normally but I actually have been travelling a lot recently so I would crash in my room in the Underworld." He stopped outside of a little store that looked like a home-y coffee shop. "Come, if you don't want to sit in the area for the general public then we have a private room we can go in." He offered and I shook my head "The public area will be just fine Kaneki. Anyway, any person who overhears our conversation will probably just think it's a bullshit story." Kaneki laughed slightly.

"Yeah. That's true. My story is wacky but it only started a few months ago." He walked into the store and I followed him. "Mine started like 70 or more years ago." He looked at me in shocked (and slightly disbelieving) awe before greeting the girl standing behind the counter "Hey Touka-chan." She smiled and raised a hand in greeting "Hello Kaneki-kun." He looked at a certain table but instead opted to sit at the counter. "Can I have a coffee with one of the special cubes, pretty please Touka-chan~" he asked and she smiled fondly before going through the cupboards behind her, looking for something.

"Oh! Are you going to sit down?" He asked me and I sat down "Oh-sorry." The girl 'Touka' came back over and put down a bag of coffee beans and two strangely coloured sugar cubes. "You know you're perfectly freaking capable of making your own coffee Kaneki. But, because you asked so nicely and you have a new friend with you, I'm fine with it. By the way, would you care to introduce me to him?" She asked teasingly "Uh, Touka-chan, this is Nico di Angelo. Nico this is Touka." She held out a hand for me to shake, which I shook "It's a pleasure to meet you, Nico," I hummed in agreement "Would you like a coffee as well?" I shook my head at her question, my black hair falling over my eyes and staying there, making me feel like my hair decided to become like Kaneki's hair.

"Sorry, I don't drink coffee." I replied, pushing my hair out of my eyes and Touka sighed "Would you like a hot chocolate or a glass of water? Either way it'll be on the house." She offered and I frowned slightly. "It's not right for me to get something for free that should be paid for. I'll just have some water thanks." I insisted and she sighed in exasperation again "Is it okay if Touka-chan listens in as well? I trust that she would never tell anyone. She even threatened me that she would kill my best friend Hide if he were to ever find out our secret." I shrugged, understanding that she wouldn't be one to simply 'give away' information. "Okay. Are you listening Touka? This is the story of my crazy life as a demigod."

I fucking have cats all over me. I'm laying down and there are like 3 of them on my legs and the other 4 are elsewhere. I can't move bc I think I'll step on a cat if I move. Like what the fuck they're so adorable but they woke me up at like 3:30 in the morning because my FEET were moving so one of the four that were in the room felt obliged to bite my feet. I want to buy like 3 of them (because I'm at my friend's house and she fosters kittens until they're adopted) but my parents keep saying no.

Wait shit one just climbed onto my stomach and stepped on my iPad and nearly deleted everything but that's okay. There are four of them on me and fuck one is attacking my feet which really hurts omlask (oh my lord and saviour Kaneki).

Can I go to sleep again? No I can't it's too late now. I have to eat before my mum picks me up for my dentist appointment:/

Dammit.

If you want more this will soon be its own story that I think I was calling 'Fallen Shadows' but I don't know.

~dreameh 🌈⭐️