#5 - Tribute to Andy

Okay, I'm really sad right now because someone on Instagram that I talked to tried to commit suicide and slipped into a coma the other day and he didn't survive. I'm making this quickly as a tribute to him. This is practically what happened, but I'll change some bits.

.

.

Sleep Well Andy 💕 May Hades bless you with Elysium.

.

.

<Sophie Mizon> T/W: references to suicide and suicidal thoughts

.

.

Losing someone to suicidal thoughts is painful, even if you don't know them that well. One day I was on Instagram, checking on one of my friends who had recently had suicidal thoughts, one that we had saved, her username is @hazellevesque.irl . I saw her most recent post.

'Hey everyone, my friend @fredweasley.irl wants to end his life and I really don't do well under pressure. Can you please help him?' (Or, something like that. She took down the post.)

.

.

I clicked on the link to his account and followed him. I went onto his last post which had his story, his name was Andy, he was 14, he told me indirectly about how his parents were abusive, how they were sent to jail for child abuse, how he was put into the foster system and his first set of foster parents treated him like a slave, how he ran away and found the people he was now living with, then the message, 'My adoptive parents will find me hanging from the closet lifeless soon.' (Again, I can't remember exactly what was written because I don't want to look, it's too soon) and I commented,

'I'm sorry but if you kill yourself I'll go to Elysium, drag you out and whoop your butt. Don't yoU DARE GO!' And he replied with '@lucky._.thalia unless you fancy a trip to Tartarus, you'll never see me again.' I glared at the screen and sent another comment 'I'll still go. I don't giVE A DAM! I will frikkin stiLL HELP YOU!' He didn't reply after that.

.

.

The next day he posted another picture, it was of a black screen with the caption 'Tonight, It'll all end tonight, and I'll be gone and dead when morning comes.' (Top) I winced at it and looked away, I was trying to help him, but he didn't seem to want it. I posted a picture with the caption saying '@fredweasley.irl wants to end his life. He deserves to live. Please repost this to #stayfredweasleyirl' and I tagged @hazellevesque.irl and waited. The next two or so days I didn't have time to check because of dance commitments, but when I came back on, I checked the hashtag. No one had reposted. I think it was just because it was a newer account, but I don't know truly.

.

.

I had a doctors appointment, partially for a knee injury, but mainly because I had missed my third year 8 vaccination. As I was waiting for the nurse after the check on my knee- where I found I had muscle swelling and I wasn't allowed to do sport for at least a week- when I checked my phone. I went on Andy's account and saw a plain white picture with a caption explaining that he was in a coma (middle). I then looked at the most recent photo, it was one of Viria's drawings, one of George (noticeable by the G on his jumper.) holding one of Fred's jumpers (noticeable by the F) and crying. It was captioned
'Andy didn't make it. I'm so so sorry. I find it appropriate to post the note he left for you
.
.
Hey guys.
If you are reading this then Mackenzie did her job and posted the note. It wasn't your fault or anyone else's. Just mine. And I'm not going to bullshit you and say that I'll be watching you, because I won't. There is no afterlife. Just death. And I'm happier now, even if you don't believe me. I'm not afraid to sleep anymore.
-Andy.' (Bottom). Tears immediately gathered in my eyes. I began to write a comment 'Nope. Nope. I am done. I am fucking done. Sleep well Andy. May you be blessed with Elysium. 💕💕' I was soon called into the nurses office for my *shudder* needle. I won't go through details, but let's just say I cried a lot. Like, a lot, a lot. When I got out, I told my mum about Andy's death and burst into tears again. Of course.