"Don't look now but this guy has been staring at you," I looked at Badar besides me, furrowing my brows as he gestured subtly with his head behind me.

I wasn't one for subtly myself so I just opted to do a full 180 in my seat to survey the people behind me.

"Damn woman, I just said don't look," Badar muttered to himself, running a hand through his white corkscrew curls.

I ignored him, letting my gaze roll over all the different wolves until they caught an unwavering one.

I should have known it would be him.

I took a moment to really assess him, noting how he wore a midnight black suit with a black shirt and tie underneath, the dark colour only emphasising his dark hair and contrasting nicely with his alabaster skin.
His blue eyes were pale and icy, to the point where they almost looked grey with dark shadows underneath them.

Catching movement besides him, my eyes caught sight of Genevieve and Apollo, the former giving me a shaky smile while the latter just looked defeated.

"Artemis," my name being called made me turn back around and look at Selene questioningly. The waiters had already cleared the table and refilled our wine glasses while some dessert was served.

"This is Ophelia," I looked up at the woman that had approached our table. She was tall, as tall as Selene and wore a striking black sequinned dress that no doubt belonged on the red carpet. "My mate," Selene added.

It was only then that I noticed the soft expression she was giving the woman, her otherwise calm and impassive look swapped for a warmer expression.

"Ophelia my dear, this is Artemis," Ophelia held up a smooth olive hand which I accepted in a firm shake.

"It's nice to meet you. I hope Selene wasn't too harsh with you," Ophelia had a slight drawl to her words, a faint accent.

"Selene was more than kind to me," I smiled back. I looked over her shoulder and noticed more figures approach our table, all donning incredible black outfits.

I was then promptly introduced, learning their names and that they were each mated to a spirit wolf. They all soon coupled off as everyone finished their desserts and people began mingling and dancing freely.

I was the odd one out, left at the table.

I clutched my wine glass tighter, debating if I should go and find Romeo and the others but I swiftly decided against it.
I was only delaying the inevitable after all.

Downing my glass, I let the liquid courage settle in my stomach before I got up and made my way across the room. I caught his eyes and held his gaze as I approached their table, stopping right before them.

"Artemis-," Genevieve paused, seemingly unsure what to say. It was comforting to know they were all as lost as I. A flash of uncertainty and fear passed in her eye and I realised what my silence could be mistaken for.

"May I take a seat?" I asked, glancing back at Aurelius who only stared mutely.

"Of course My Lady-,"

"It's Artemis, Gen. No need for formalities," I waved off. I gave her a comforting smile since she seemed oddly nervous while her brother was oddly silent. I took the seat besides Aurelius, aware of our close proximity.
It remained silent for a moment while I gathered my thoughts and words.

"I'm sorry," I looked up, surprised at the gruff voice. I blinked at my mate, somehow the words not digesting in my brain. "I'm sorry for-for everything," I could tell there was more he wanted to say, but not with a crowd.

"We can talk later," I murmured. Before I could stop myself, my hand had moved on its own and rested on top of his on the table.

I was not prepared for what it did to me.

The sparks I had felt long ago had come back with a new force and vigour, almost making me jerk. The tingles spread up my arm, making my breath hitch involuntarily.

His fingers wrapped around mine, holding them tightly and I marvelled at how his large and calloused hand felt so right around my smaller one. I shook myself out of my stupor, breaking eye contact and pulling my hand back to focus on my next words.

"I want to come back," I could feel their confusion before they even voiced it so I continued. "I am the rightful Luna of the Phantom Pack, so I have duties I need to fulfil,"

"Of course Artemis. You are always welcome, it is your pack too," I smiled at Apollo in reply.

"Good. We can discuss the details later. Enjoy the celebrations and have a wonderful night," I stood up and offered them all a polite smile before leaving the table.

I'm gonna need another glass of wine, I thought sullenly.