Nilov (Part 2)

Third Person POV:

Quiet. That was the only word that could be used to describe the desolate planet of Nilov. The land was sparse, with little tufts of grass sprouting from the grey, hardened mud.
Hunk took off his helmet and bit his nails, nervous. "Pidge, are you sure this isn't a dead planet? I don't see anyone for miles." 
It was like a dark, morbid desert; the sky caliginous and no sign of life presented itself to the Paladins. 

"Okay, maybe we should just... start walking in one direction. Everyone be on alert for any movement. We need to be on our guard." Shiro commanded, and in response, the team pulled out their bayards, with Coran and Allura wielding Altean Blades. In truth, Coran knew very little about close combat, but he had fought a Wellumsnort before, so he thought that this wouldn't be much different.

"I thought there were signs of life here. So why does it look like no one has visited this place for Deca-phoebs?" Allura asked, plucking an almost dead flower from the ground. It disintegrated in her hands. 

"I don't know. Maybe we could shout - HELLOOOoooo! Paladins of Voltron here, at your service!" 

Pidge smirked, a glint of amusement in her eye. "Hunk, that's a really bad idea, considering that there may be Galra around." She squinted and squatted, inspecting the floor. 

"Pidge, what are you doing?" Coran copied her, rubbing his chin and twirling his trademark moustache intelligently. 

Suddenly, the land trembled as the smaller girl jumped repeatedly, making the dirt fall apart. "If - I just - jump hard - enough - then the - ground should- aaarrGHHHHH!!!" 

Suddenly, the planet shuddered, and the mud gave way, revealing a large hole in the ground. The group yelled, scrambling from the floor and trying to stay above ground. "WHAT. IS. HAPPENING. PIDGE? WHAT DID YOU DO?" Hunk screamed, watching as Allura and Shiro fell into the void, petrified. 

"Hunk, relax and let it happen. Fall into the hole, dude!" 

******************************************

Hunk woke up seconds, no, minutes, no, it must have been hours later, with a blinding headache, and an aching back. He imagined that each bone in his body had broken. 

It was always a possibility. 

There was a bright light in front of him, he could see it enveloping him, the end was near...

"Hey, man, get up. We're okay." Shiro's voice echoed in Hunk's ear. 

"I... are you in heaven too? Cuz it's so... so bright in here!" 

With a groan from someone in the near vicinity (ish, Hunk wasn't too sure), he was pulled from the floor, and his eyes were pried open with two long, sharp nails. Allura bent over him, a look of confusion on her face as she stared at Hunk's dazed expression. 
He looked past her, and saw a large,
stone wall, splashes of every colour of the rainbow painted onto it. The room was extremely bright, a great golden chandelier above his head. This didn't seem much like heaven, so maybe it was Limbo. Either way, he thought it was extremely suss that all of the Paladins had landed in the same place in the afterlife.

"Hunk, we are not in heaven. We're in Nilov. Literally, we're inside this planet. On the surface, the ground was too broken, and with the gravity pushing down, I was certain that there was a place where we would walk over and be able to go down. So I jumped, and got us here. Cool, right?" Pidge said, brushing off the dirt stuck in her hair from the fall. 

Hunk nodded. "Ohhhhh. Okay. But what are we supposed to be doing now that we're here, then?" 

"Well, we've found some people to help us. Actually, look behind you."