Chapter 32

THOMAS POV:

The man put his mask back on as they left. That voice. I know I heard it before but where? I can't shucking remember. I frowned and walked back to the pool. Minho and Newt came with me. 

"Why would Daron cover that shuck face's face" asked Minho. 

"I know I heard that voice before" I said. 

"He was also injured in the same place Daron's Soulmate had the spear in his chest. You don't think it might be him, do you" asked Newt. 

I froze and thought about it. 

"I put a spear threw his chest. He's dead" said Minho. 

"I know, we watched him die but I just thought it could be him for a second. I'm probably just low on energy and need a snack" said Newt. 

"That's a good idea. I'm hungry two" I said. 

We went to a kitchen that surves everything. I just went with a simple burger and fries. We sat down and started eating. 

"So I guess we have to wait for Daron to let us meet his new friend. Anyway I am curious about the right arm" said Minho. 

"Do you really think they will gladly take all of us" asked Minho. 

"Ya, it's that or we go back to WCKD" I said. 

"Well I'm not sure they will trust us. Daron also said something about Teresa betraying us and is family working with the right arm" said Newt. 

"Look, that shank isn't going to say a word about the future. I think he just doesn't like Teresa. They have been going at it in secret back and forth since Daron became a boy. Or at least they are giving each other death glares" I said. 

"I'm not sure Teresa likes the LGBTQ community. She is probably one of those 'religious' people" said Newt with finger quotes. 

"Either way she can't split us up" said Minho. 

"Ya, good that" I said. 

My nausea came back and I threw up in the floor. Minho and Newt ran up to me. 

"Are you okay Tommy" asked Newt. 

"Ya, I'm fine mom" I said. 

"You might still have a concussion. You and the others haven't exactly rested properly" said Minho. 

"Well to be fair I have been running from WCKD" I said. 

"Come on Thomas, let's dry you off and put your clothes back on so you can rest" said Minho. 

"Okay dad" I said. 

We got up and took the food to our room. I dried off with a warm towel. It felt nice and comfy. I wish every day was like this. Minho and Newt helped me change. Even though I didn't need it. After I was dressed I climbed into bed. Minho and Newt climbed in with me and we snuggled. 

"Now let's get some sleep" said Newt. 

I closed my eyes and we all slept. I woke up to a loud buzzer. 

"ATTENTION, YOU HAVE REACHED YOUR DESTINATION. PLEASE EXIT THE VECHILE" said a voice on a speaker. 

"Guess we are here" said Minho. 

I rubbed my eyes and got up. We all started to exit the car. Well, we made it to the mountains but no one is here. Daron hugged and kissed his friend goodbye. Did he even feel sad when his Soulmate died? 

I mean Daron was his shucking boyfriend. They broke the hug and the guy vanished. We looked around. 

"Well, I guess we're on foot" said Jorge. 

"Dang it" said a boy. 

We started walking. 

"Daron goes back in the cot" said Alby. 

"Fine, just don't drop me please" said Daron. 

He climbed in the cot and to girls carried it. Daron checked his pocket watch which was still counting down. We continued to walk.