Chapter 8

THOMAS POV: 

"But Daron went to join the others on the farm" said Winston. 

"No, Daron is up to something. These people working here are not saving anyone" I said. 

"No Thomas you don't know that. The only thing that we do know is that they helped rescue us from WCKD" said Newt. 

"It's probably a act" I said. 

"They bloody gave us new clothes, food, a proper bed. Some of us haven't had that for a long time" said Newt. 

"I know but" I started. 

"Some a lot longer then others" said Newt. 

There was rattling and then the vent opened under the bed. 

"Hey Thomas" said Aris crawling out of the vent. 

"What the shuck" asked Frypan. 

"So you trust the vent freak" said Ben. 

"I'm not a vent freak" said Aris. 

"It kinda looks like that" said Alby. 

"Whatever did you get the card" asked Aris. 

"Ya I got it. Let's go" I said. 

I started leaving. 

"Alright look, maybe you guys are right. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I got to make sure. Just cover for me. I'll be back soon" I said. 

I entered the vent and left. We crawled threw the vents to the door. We opened the vent door and I jumped down. I looked around. The coast was clear. I turned to Aris and he jumped down. Aris closed the door and I swiped the card. It worked and the door opened. Aris and I entered. There was another door. I looked threw a window and saw tubes. There was grievers inside the tubes. Why would they make grievers? It doesn't make sense. We kept walking and went threw the other door. I almost had a heart attack. This must be the human farm Daron spoke up. He was right this whole time. We walked past a few people. Is that Teresa? I walked up to the girl and pulled her hair out of her face. It wasn't Teresa. 

"That's Rachel" said Aris. 

Oh. 

"They took her the first night. I told her everything was going to be okay" said Aris. 

I looked around. 

"Daron" I said. 

I ran up to him. Daron was hooked up to the machine and being drained like the others. He knew this would happen. 

"Who is she" asked Aris. 

"Daron, he's my friend" I said. 

"Sorry, I thought that he was a girl" said Aris. 

"He's transgender. I thought he was a girl two when we first met" I said. 

I just noticed how weird it is that Daron still looks like a girl. His auburn hair is in a braid over his left shoulder and his bangs are sweeped to the right behind his ear. Wouldn't Daron at least cut his hair and flatten his chest to look more like a boy. Daron also had blue spots in his hair and the rest was white. The outer door opened. People are coming. 

"Oh crap" I whispered as I hid. 

"You sure this can't wait" asked Janson. 

I ducted behind some stuff. 

"She was very spacific sir. She wants to speak to you personally" said the man. 

"As if I don't have enough to deal with. Espically after the commotion that bitch Daron caused. Now I not only have to worry about the usual I have to calm the others down. They are all started to question everything" said Janson as he walked. 

"Just uh, bear with me. We're getting some interference from the storm" said the other man. 

"Come on it's good enough. Make the connection" said Janson. 

The man made the call and Ava showed up on video. 

"Good evening Doctor Paige" said Janson. 

I thought she was dead.