Chapter 22

THOMAS POV: 

Don't fall, don't fall, don't fall. I might fall. 

"Shit" I said. 

This is really hard. I tried to keep up but was falling behind. I can't walk as good as Brenda on these. WCKD tried to surround us. I heard a gun be loaded and turned around. 

"KID DON'T MOVE" he yelled. 

I turned back to Brenda. 

"BRENDA WHERE WE GOING" I yelled. 

Brenda climbed over a beam. 

"HURRY THE SONG'S ALMOST OVER" Brenda yelled. 

I kept walking. What happens after the song is over? The song finished and there was a explosion. I fell forward onto a rail. I turned around and was surprised. I slowly stood up. 

"Come on" said Brenda. 

There was sounds and then the building started to fall. 

"THOMAS. COME ON" Brenda yelled. 

I climbed the rail and ran. It was a little hard to run as the building was falling. 

"JUMP" Brenda yelled. 

We jumped and I grabbed onto a rope. Brenda and I slid down into a hole. We made it to the bottom and let go of the ropes. I looked up and saw stuff falling. We jumped out of the way and landed on the floor. Brenda and I caughed from the dust. She sat up and turned a flash light on. 

"You okay" asked Brenda. 

"Oh, ya, great" I said sarcastically as I sat up. 

Brenda shined her light on the pile of rubble. 

"I wish Daron could of warned us" I said. 

"How does he know the future" asked Brenda. 

"How the shuck should I know" I asked. 

"You guys have a cute language" said Brenda. 

"I'm gay" I said. 

"I know, I got that. But that Ben guy is cute" said Brenda. 

I thought for a minute. 

"Ya, I guess he is, when he isn't stung and trying to kill you" I said. 

"You two must have a history" said Brenda as she stood up. 

"Ya, it's a long story" I said as I stood up. 

"Well he is cute. I'll have to get to know him later" said Brenda. 

I looked around the dark. 

"Well how are we going to get back to the others" I asked. 

"Relax, I know how to get out of here" said Brenda. 

She grabbed a flashlight from her bag and gave it to me. 

"Here, take this" she said. 

I took the flash light from Brenda and turned it on. Brenda put her bag on. 

"What do you guys want to get to the right arm for" I asked. 

"The safe heavan" said Brenda. 

"The what" I asked. 

"You know, paradise. It's probably the last safe place on earth. The right arm has been bring people there for a while. Immunes anyway" said Brenda. 

"Do you know where that is" I asked. 

"No, but Jorge knows a guy, Marcus. He use to smuggle kids into the mountains" said Brenda. 

"Are you immune" I asked. 

"No, anyway come on. Jorge is taking the others to Marcus if they got out" said Brenda. 

We started walking. 

"Wait if" I asked. 

"You ask a lot of questions. Just come here and help me with this" said Brenda. 

We started to move stuff off the vent. Once everything was off we pulled the vent off. Oh it is heavy. We set the vent down by the hole. A crank screeched from below. 

"Well that doesn't sound good" I said. 

"They are everywhere down here. We have to be careful" said Brenda. 

She hopped down and I jumped in after her. We stood up and were in what looked like a old sewer or something.