In Which She Meets The Viking

Willa Morris had become invincible from the tortures that this world had mercilessly inflicted on her. She battled the greatest adversities of high-school life while living with the blonde woman who always had bright red nostrils. As if every day, she wept from the suffering that most happily married, rich, privileged, white women face- a broken nail after getting them freshly done from a salon. This particular happily married, rich, privileged, white, blonde woman with red nostrils also happened to have given birth to Willa.

And after fifteen years, she decided to abandon her young, beautiful, intelligent and graceful daughter among vicious, wild animals.

"I'm not abandoning you among wild animals, they're harmless poultry! It's one summer, love, only one summer!" my mother cried out, red nostrils redder and tears spilling from surprisingly not the loss of a broken nail.

Sometimes, I loved speaking about my life in the third person. It made me feel like an impactful character from a book that would enlighten many impressionable minds. The third-person point of view made a story worth telling.

But my story wasn't worth telling.

I would tell it anyway because nobody could shut me up. "I know you don't love me anymore. You should have aborted me since you can't take care of your only child."

"Oh honey, I do love you," she said, squeezing my one hand while driving our Mercedes. "Your father insists to send you to his brother's farm. I don't want you to go, my heart pains to see you go." She sighed when she noticed my lips pursed into a grim line. "Tell me, love, how can I make you feel less angry at me?"

Bingo!

"Since I'll turn sixteen soon, I'll learn how to drive so I was thinking of a Porsche . . . "

"I'll speak to your father about it," she said quickly, eager to please me.

Although fireworks were exploding in my stomach and my internal organs were doing a triumphant dance, I maintained my composure. "Yeah, cool."

"Look, here we arrived! Isn't it cute?"

"Only puppies are cute, I see no puppies," I said. A giant with leonine head dressed in an off-white undershirt and brown trousers approached us. My searching eyes flickered to a wooden shack with a lopsided roof built over damp mud. "Is that the dump where all the animals live?"

My mother awkwardly cleared her throat, putting on a cheerful intonation, "You're very funny. That's where your uncle Max lives!" She courteously greeted the giant who stared disapprovingly at me. I frowned back and my mother laughed nervously. "This is your uncle, Willa."

"What? No, he's not." I giggled seeing his long, frizzy beard that reached till his broad chest. Neither of them shared my humour and sudden panic surged through me. "Are you serious, mum? He looks like a Viking, a caveman, a stone-age man! He doesn't belong in our time!"

"Get down, Willa," she said a bit forcefully, unbuckling both our seatbelts.

I carelessly flung open the door of our shiny car and stomped out. Instantly, I felt something thick and sticky hug my right foot. I heard a distant cow mockingly moo and I shuddered, limping with my foot covered with cowpat after the Viking and the blonde woman. 

(add this book to the library for updates. if you're liking it, vote, comment and share, thank you :))

 if you're liking it, vote, comment and share, thank you :))