Give 'em Hell

"Heart rate: 90 beats per minute." A male paramedic announced after he had her hooked onto the heart monitor. Her heart beat in a rhythmic tempo, chest rising up and down "The patient keeps coming in and out of consciousness." He added as he spoke into the lapel microphone that was attached to his shirt. His dark eyes watched as Reese lazily peered her eyes open. A tired breath left her, causing the oxygen mask to fog up, as she stared at nothing before blacking out again.

His partner climbed onto the ambulance and quickly "Let's keep her steady." She announced and quickly a saline solution bag, clipping it into place. The IV needle was quickly inserted, puncturing into her skin "How bad is the injury?" The woman asked fumbling around for disinfectants and bandages.

"Through and through - Left shoulder." He looked at his partner behind him and pat the wall, telling the driver to get driving to the hospital "Captain Gordon managed to subdue a lot of the bleeding."

The woman proceeded to disinfect the wound as best as she could. As she did so, she checked for bullet fragments. It was a nasty wound that had torn a hole through her body. Fortunately for Reese, since it was a through and through, it had not hit vital organs. Yet, her losing blood could kill her. She quickly patched the holes on her shoulder and wrapped her arm in a pressure bandage.

A groan escaped the girl making them alert. Her eyes opened once more, the light blinding her once again "Je -..."

"Miss, can you hear us?" The man asked but she didn't reply and stared into the distance.

Blurry shadows blinded her and she could barely hear words "J?" She whispered in an almost inaudible voice, sucking in a large breath. The sound of the ambulance siren. Her eyes looked around curiously, waiting for them to land on red hair. But it never came. Suddenly, her eyes opened wider "Jerome."

The woman rubbed her hand "It's gonna be okay." She replied. Honestly, she was so afraid of Reese Nygma but seeing her like this - Her sympathetic nature couldn't fight against it.

Reese whimpered painfully, countenance scrunching "Where's my J?" The team of paramedics began to worry because her heart rate was going up. Out of nowhere, a surge of adrenaline rushed through her and she tried to sit up. They quickly tried to lower her back down, telling her that if she didn't rest, it would be bad for her. A loud sob scraped up her throat "He's not fucking dead!"

"Reese, you have to -"

A crashing sound came as the ambulance came to an aggressive halt. Everyone who was in the back almost toppled over each other. They froze with fear, sharing a look of discomfort. The injured girl sniffled, the heart monitor racing along with her heart.

"The hell was that?" The man questioned but all he got was a shrug in response. He quickly grabbed his walkie-talkie and put it close "Hey, Don, everything alright over there?" Nothing but static came through. The paramedics shared a look of worry. It wasn't normal "I think we crashed... Don might be injured."

With that, they scrambled out and went to look. To their horror, their ambulance had crashed into another car. The front of the vehicle was smoking and damaged. And the worst part, Don was limp against the steering wheel. Not only that, but it looked like there was a bullet hole on his temple.

"Oops... about that..." A chirpy voice rang into the silence, making them turn. They were faced with a pair of criminals with masks. One shorter than the other and guns held by their hands. Clearly the one who had spoken was a female "We just needed you guys to stop by really badly."

"Wh -" Before the female paramedic could question, the male criminal raised his gun and shot both.

A sarcastic hum escaped the girl "Sorry, we don't like giving explanations." It was then, they proceeded to make their way over to the back of the vehicle "Oh, Reese! Momma's home!" She exclaimed and then jumped in front of the open space... only to find it empty. A growl rumbled through and she stomped her foot angrily "That little.... fucking.... crippled bitch."