What Did You Do?

"Wakey, Wakey, Ozzie." My knuckles hit the metal door that obstructed my path. A quiet dramatic gasp that followed made me chuckle. Something's never change.

The guard opened the door with ease, letting me in. Cold wind hit me causing me to shiver slightly.

Oswald was sat up in his bed staring up at me, wide eyed. Probably thinking I had come to do something to him "What do you want?" He spat bitterly as the guard stood at the door frame.

"Jerome told me you said no." I smirked, sitting beside him. An exhausted sigh escaped my parted lips.

He scoffed annoyedly "You're going to try to persuade me to join him?" We stared at each other. I rose an eyebrow expectantly "My answer is still no."

I chuckled "Okay. I wanna know why." His bright blue eyes stared at my brown ones. He didn't talk at first and that intensified the idea that he knew something I didn't. My head cocked, waiting silently "Who are you escaping with?"

There was a short silence before he whispered the name I never thought he would "The Riddler."

"What?" My mouth seemed to run dry and the heart inside my chest pumped blood quickly "Ed?"

"He's breaking me out." He whispered in a low inaudible voice. Yet, there was slight hopelessness as if he wanted to believe he was right. He swallowed thickly, blinking quickly and looking away from me. His words broke "I know he will."

The silence that preceded this time was deafening. Edward was helping him? All these thoughts were coming, roaming my head. "I thought he hated you." I whispered. My heart hurt slightly remembering all the trouble we had gone through "How did you get him to forgive you?"

"He didn't." He replied bluntly making my head snap up. I looked at him, confusion coating my expression "He's helping me destroy Sofia Falcone."

I frowned "Sofia Falcone?... How many freaking Falcone's are there?"

"I don't even want to know." He scoffed, rolling his eyes with annoyance. He sent me a sadistic smirk "All I know is that Sofia is going to pay for betraying me and for keeping me away from Martín."

"Martín?" I questioned whilst knitting my eyebrows together "Who the hell is that?"

"Do you ever shut up?" He replied, raising an eyebrow. My jaw fell offended making him chuckle humorously "Well, how many more questions are you going to ask?"

My lips pursed as I glared at him "I've been in here for what seems forever." My arms crossed over my chest and huffed with annoyance "I feel like I'm entitled to ask a couple million questions."

Oswald stared at me unimpressed but he let out a sigh and explained. Martín was a boy he had befriended at an orphanage. They became close buddies and Oswald was mentoring him, showing him how to defeat his enemies. That was until Sofia stepped into the picture and kidnapped him but Oswald had faked his death and sent him away.

By the end of his story, a big smile was stretched out on my face.

He looked at me, narrowing his eyes at me "What?"

I smirked at him "You care about him a lot don't you?" He feigned confusion making me giggle, shaking my head at him "You talk about him like he's your son."

Oswald scoffed but smiled softly "I kinda wish he was." He admitted making me 'aw' quietly. He stood quiet for a short amount of time "I thought you hated me, Ellie."

A smile came upon hearing the familiar nickname "What for?" I snorted. Oswald looked at me with a raised eyebrow as I laid down "I mean, Isabella is long gone. I'm in Arkham dealing with Judith the bitch, living among nasty inmates, eating disgusting rotten potatoes for lunch -" I gagged dramatically making Oswald roll his eyes but he smiled "Why keep you as another foe on my list?"