The Legion of Horribles

Jerome and I stepped in front of the worn out transport van moving towards us. The driver, who had once been distracted, let his foot slam against the breaks. His body jerked forward upon the abrupt stop that he had made. His eyes were open wide in disbelief.

Many people, upon seeing us, would have driven off... or over us. But not this guy. He was quick to get off of the truck trying to see if we were there. Not that anyone of us was complaining because he made our job easier. It was pretty bad for him. For his stupidity, a mist of Scarecrow's fear gas was sprayed on him. He grunted, rubbing his eyes before turning to look up at us once again. It took a split second to process what was going on - To let the gas sink into his mind. But when it finally took effect the man began to scream loudly. He took off running into the middle of the lonely road.

I snickered along with Jerome "Coward." He muttered, shaking his head. Feigning disappointment. I giggled quietly, taking his gloved hand in mine. He smiled down at me, his lips still red and blistered from the scalding soup. Nevertheless, he still managed to be the most handsome man on the planet.

The ginger walked me to the back of the transport bus. Quickly, we unlocked both doors and Jerome swung them open.

There sat our accomplice - Jervis Tetch. He had been caught by Jim in his attempt to distract the GCPD while we gathered information from Zach. He sat cuffed to a bench and with a muzzle over his mouth. His eyes were wide with glee upon seeing us there.

Jerome climbed onto the platform before motioning to himself "How do you like the new threads? Hmm?" Jervis nodded at my boyfriend vigorously whilst staring back at Scarecrow, who held a set of clothing for him "Oh, speechless, I know." Joked the ginger before taking the muzzle off Jervis. The man immediately gasped, taking back his stolen air.

"You look a fright, Mr. Tetch." Commented Crane once he and I had climbed onto the van as well. Jerome stood there smiling, his insanity twinkling in his eyes.

Jervis panted softly "Somewhat lame, my dear Mr. Crane. But I do confess pure joy in besting Jimmy boy with our ploy." He began to cackle excitedly.

"Yeah, yeah, you did a great job keeping Gordon occupied." Jerome nonchalantly waved him off "Meanwhile, Crane got his fear gas, Reese and I got my information; everything is going according to my plan. But, no time to palaver, gentlemen... We have fish to fry." Jervis' face fell in confusion. I raised an eyebrow an looked at my partner who was beginning to leave. It was then the ginger turned to look back at us "And by fish, I mean faces -"

Jervis and I snickered quietly. Whilst, the Scarecrow didn't look at all impressed.

"Or feet." Jerome glanced at me, raising an eyebrow awkwardly. I smirked. Quickly, he returned it "Ah, something fun to fry."

I laughed "J, you are something else."

"Obviously." He replied, faking arrogance. He then jumped off the van and stretched his arms out "Come on, darling." I walked over to him and let myself into his arms to let him carry me. My legs wrapped around his waist. He looked back at our fellow criminals "Buckle up."

With that, the doors to the van were shut closed. I was carried over to where the driver's seat was. Jerome banged on the wall of the truck as a warning before placing me down "M'lady."

I grinned and kissed his cheek "Thank you, kind sir."

A wide grin spread on him, a glint of lust in his eye "I cannot wait to get you all to myself." He growled quietly making me blush darkly before climbing onto the van to sit in the passenger side. He climbed up after me and sat down at the wheel.

"All aboard!" I yelled making Jerome chuckle before speeding into the road.

"Oh, I'm coming." He laughed maniacally making me giggle hard.