Please Don't Cry

The moon beamed against the dark of the night. Swimming against the shiny black coat of paint of the car. Wheels crunching on the solid asphalt, motor not making a noise.

His hands were becoming clammier with every passing second. Fingers drumming against his leg failed to calm the anxiety. The car zoomed further into the road, the moment drawing closer and closer. His head lied against the hard surface of the dark tinted window. Cold stung against the skin of his cheek. His eyes followed the moon, his mind not finding anything else he could be thinking about.

His teeth lightly chewed on his bottom lip and his leg began to bounce. All he could think about was how they were inching closer. Almost. We're almost there.

The driver briefly averted their eyes from the road to glance through the rear view mirror. Their hands gripped tighter at the leather steering wheel. Knuckles turning pale.

It didn't take long before they were in front of the gates. The car halting. With a few words spoken between the guard and the driver, the giant rusted gates opened. In went the car into the almost vacant parking lot.

The passenger felt his heart thump inside his chest. Cold sweat beginning to form at his hairline. His hands began to shake with no end as he stared at the building.

Arkham Asylum.

"You really don't have to do this." Came the voice of the driver, their head lightly turned sideways.

He gulped thickly, his Adam's Apple bobbing up and down "I - I want to."

"Are you sure?"

There was silence.

He tried to debate it in his head "Did you do what I asked?" He questioned knowing it was better for him to ignore the previous question thrown at him. If he thought about it too much he would ask to return home.

No spoken reply was given just a curt nod.

The man glanced up at the towering silhouette of the building from the window. He sighed and nodded at the driver in the front. "I guess this is it then." He muttered mostly to himself before placing a hat above his head. He opening his door letting the cold September night wind nip at his nose. The drivers door was soon swung open too. The man hugged his coat closer to his body and sighed nervously.

Standing in the interior of Arkham Asylum immediately made him tremble. Not with nervousness but fear. His mind went back and forth with the terrible outcomes that could occur. The screams of the insane did nothing but worsen the situation.

His partner walked in first to announce his arrival.

A woman awaited the two people inside the asylum. She looked to be about forty. Her brown hair was up in a bun. Eyes a dark shade of blue that scanned the pair of visitors with curiosity.

She stretched out her hand "I'm Warden Judith. It's a pleasure to be of service to you Mister -" she trailed off raising an eyebrow.

The man, who was cowering down in his spot, immediately looked up catching her off guard. His familiar face stood before her; the chiseled jaw, forest green eyes, the same pale complextion. The bright flaming red hair. Every single aspect was taken in by the petite woman. He shook her hand.

"Val -"

The younger gentleman interrupted her swiftly raising his hand "Xander Wilde." He told her, his jaw clenching with anxiety.

"W - Wilde?"

He sent her a curt nod "Wilde."

There was a thick tension in the air as she stared at him with wide eyes.