Enjoy Your Lunch... Old Friend

She sat alone at the cold metal table on the farther side of the room. Where less of the noisy people sat. Hands clasped in front of her. Her dark eyes staring at the empty space before her. An unusual type of innocence present in them.

She didn't notice him standing up from his spot a couple tables away from her. Eyes fixated on her – a predator looking at his prey. He was extremely hungry to know about that girl. An eyebrow of his quirked up curiously. It was then he intentionally expelled some type of melodious whistle. All in attempt to catch her attention... and it worked. Her head quickly snapped to look to the side. Her eyes connected with his for the second time today. This time they were opened wide with surprise.

The young man quickly jumped over the metal chair that was across from her "Hi, gorgeous. I'm Jerome." He introduced. A wide cheeky grin etched on his lips. There was no doubt he was inspecting ever one of her beautiful features "Jerome Valeska."

She stood quiet whilst raising an eyebrow of her own. Debating in her head what to do at this point. Eyes inspecting him back. She then smiled a pearly white. Her olive cheeks tinged a light shade of pink "Reese Nygma."

All Jerome could do was grin at her. He finally knew the name of the beautiful girl that had exchanged a look with him. Many would've told him it was just a look but he saw something special in her. Very special.

And he was right.

Reese Nygma was the most special girl on the planet. A partner in crime and his confidant. His lover and best friend. She was the girl he would die for. Because she loved him just the way he was and never seemed to regret it. She provoked emotions that nobody could ever provoke in him. Touched the deeper parts of his black, charred heart.

Jerome's dull green eyes stared back at her brown ones. There was nothing that could replace this moment. The feeling he was getting in his now fast beating chest. It raced in an unhealthy manner. But how could it not? A couple minutes ago he had been broken beyond compare and now he was healed. Just looking at her. For the first time, he couldn't say anything.

She smiled at him softly. Tears beginning to burn in her eyes the longer she kept on staring. Ever so gently, she crouched to be at his level "I'm so glad you're okay."

Before she could even process it, Jerome took her face in his hands. His lips didn't waste time and he kissed her. Feverishly. Because he wanted it more than anything right now. He needed it.

Both felt it.

The need. The want.

Bodies becoming weak with every single second that passed by in the kiss. Their chest becoming fuzzy with vivid and ardent love. Arms wrapping around each other quite desperately. And for a single moment, they weren't in Arkham Asylum. They were king and queen of the clouds. In the highest peak of life. They weren't in a room full of idiots but alone with each other.

The ginger gently reluctantly pulled from her. Leaving small pecks on her lips as he cupped her face. She smiled into them. He pulled away completely and stared at her still finding it hard to believe that it was not in his head "You're back, doll." He mumbled and let a wide smile come onto his lips before proceeding to kissing her more. The kiss expelling his love.

Reese pulled from him and smirked softly "They can't kill me that easily, J." She told him whilst adding a playful boastful tone.

The ginger couldn't help grin at that. He let his lips kiss her temple "That's my girl." He mumbled and hugged her against him tightly. His hands pulled her onto his laps so she could sit. Gently, his head lied on hers and he repeated the words proudly "That's my girl."