So Serious

The ground in front of me brought me the slightest of confort for a second. Staring at the pattern and the patches of different colored wood. Just to distract me from all the bad that made me feel numb.

Peaceful, faint breathing was heard from beside me. I could feel Jerome's fingers resting upon my waist as if he was trying to comfort. We hadn't spoken since last night because I just couldn't bring myself to talk. After the incident, I had came up to the room, bawled my eyes out and then fallen asleep without directing a word to him. The range of emotions I had felt last night after had been overwhelming. It felt as if my body had collapsing upon itself. My lungs were compressed as if a weight had fallen upon them, dragging them down onto the floor.

My brain couldn't help but jumble and pick parts of the truth from the encounter. The truth was Jerome Valeska is completely nuts and everytime he escaped and was a free man - Every time he had the chance, his main goal was to create chaos. Bring the world down into the pits of madness. He wanted to watch the world burn and if he went down with it, that's alright to him. And I love him. I love him so much that if he asked me to go down with him I would. But if I had to pick and choose what I truly wanted, I would drag Jerome away from this bad life just to keep him alive. To feel his somewhat calloused fingertips on my skin. To be able to feel his warm love on the coldest days.

I didn't want to be selfish and deny him of the bloodshed he wanted. I wanted him to feel good, if not better, like he made me feel every single day since I'd met him. It didn't matter if I had to place myself in the face of danger everyday. Yet, as brave as I wanted to be, it was just so fucking scary to me sometimes. Just wondering all the time if we were just going to be a iteration of Bonnie and Clyde or if we were going to make it out together.

I moved to sit against the headboard, his fingers sliding off and he shuffled a bit in his sleep. My eyes trained on his sleeping figure. He was the most beautiful person in the entire world - My opinion wouldn't change no matter how many times my heart broke. Most wouldn't agree with me and would rather call me sick but it was so very true. Take a minute to observe the way he moved and you'd see it too. He was so chaotic... in the most dazzling way.

My fingers lightly caressed his ginger hair - It slithered through my fingers just like running water. I smiled softly enjoying the feeling of it's softness. The tip of my finger then trailed along his nose lightly. My smile grew once the sound of snoring stopped. His eyes then snapped open - Twinkling like green gems with the dim lights from outside.

He frowned for a few seconds, his eyes crossed as they stared at my finger on the bridge of his nose. Then he glanced up at me and a smile grew on his lips before speaking with a hoarse morning voice "You are still the sicko I love."

A grin sprawled on my lips "I try to be." I whispered.

The same grin I wore, soon stretched on his face too. He sat up, running one of his hands through his messy bed hair. Gently, he laid a kiss on me before pressing back on the headboard next to me. My lips fell to a frown upon watching his bandaged hand rest on his belly and I knew he was watching me "So... Wanna talk about it?" My body tensed once those words were expelled. His eyes narrowed into slits "You seemed angry at me and I'd really like to know why." I slowly pulled my legs up to my chest and buried my face in between my knees "Hey, talk to me, baby. I won't judge you." A chuckle rumbled quietly and his hand rubbed the top of my head "Who am I to do so?"

My head turned to look at him and he sent me an encouraging smile "I -... It was just -..." His eyes begged for the truth. I knew that once I told him, he'd go on a ramage. I let my teeth gnaw on the inside of my lips as I hesitated "I was sprayed with the fear gas?"

"Fear gas?" A frown was curled on his lips as he thought about it "How on Earth did you get your hands on fear -" The teasing smirk that was beginning to rise dropped quickly. His expression darkened. I felt a squeeze at my chest "Crane." Growls and curses left his lips as he grabbed his gun beside the bed before going to sprint out the bedroom door "Son of a bitch."