Apologies: Chapter 35

++

Sojung's POV

"What are you even doing out at this hour?!" I exclaimed on the phone, my body shivering everytime the wind brushes it. It's too cold even with the layers of clothes I have on me. It's already late yet here I am searching for a troublesome duck. "Don't you know what time is it now huh?! It's almost midnight!"

"I'm dying please come here now." said from the other line, prominent brittleness was taking over her voice.

Heaving a deep sigh, I replied, "Alright I heard you. Just where exactly are you? I'm already here in the--"

A pair of cold hands suddenly found its way wrapping deep onto layers of my thick clothes, "Ahhh~ this is warm."

Subtle shivering can be felt from her hug, "What are you doing Yerin-ah?" I can't help but to be concerned, she sounds so weak and tired.

"Unnie did you bring me s-shoes?" she threw a question, totally disregarding my first remark.

"Seat." I demanded then pointed at the bench near us. I can just shake my head seeing her barefooted, trembling at the cold, "How did you even lose your shoes at the first place?"

"Long story hehehe."

How can she laugh now? This kid seriously. I snorted. Her answer perturbed me enough to lightly slap her legs, "Whatever. Good thing you're the same size as Eunha."

"Yeah." she leaned down a bit, checking on me, "Speaking of which, how's my sis?"

"It's a chaos." I rolled my eyes after putting on her shoes then dusted off my pants and sat beside her.

She knitted her brows in frustration, "What?! Why?!"

"She's throwing a tantrum. Really really big tantrum." I heaved an incredibly deep sigh, "And she's at the verge of distributing flyers which has your picture on it asking everyone if they have ever saw you." it sounded too sarcastic but knowing Eunha, I know she's ready to do that anytime soon if she still wouldn't get in contact with Yerin.

Her disposition sank, feeling guilty all of a sudden, "I don't want her to worry."

"Call her now and tell her we're on our way."

"I cannot," Yerin paused, her eyes shifted to the payphone silently rooted nearby us, "My phone's battery died and I just used my remaining money to call you using that payphone over there."

Sensing her land sank demeanor, I decided not to press more. "Geez. Alright I'll just text her then. You're shivering too much. You should have said, so that I could've brought another jacket."

"It's alright, I c-can manage.."

"Manage? You're even stuttering with your words. You know how sensitive you are to cold weathers. C'mon I'll buy you hot packs, you might die from hypothermia here."

Her face gleamed bright with the littlest amount, and without even asking, I already knew there was something going on her.

. . . .

"Yah! Jung Yerin! Eat slowly! You're not gonna die from hypothermia, you're gonna die from choking eating like that!!"

"I'm sorry hehe.." she clumsily wiped the tteokbokki sauce that randomly smeared across her face before a timid smile curled up her lips, "But unnie, don't you find it funny?"

"You eating like that? Boy, it's not just funny, it's hilarious!" I made sure I showed her my oh so fabulous cocky smirk. Ha! That's PB for you.