Apologies Chapter: 15

Third Person's POV

No, Eunbi didn't came back to the hospital nor went home that night, God knows where she might have roamed around all with her broken body and soul.

Two days have gone by and no one has seen even the glimpse of her shadow. Yuna was more than worried knowing Eunbi has nothing with her aside from her lab coat and wrecked disposition.

She occasionally calls her residence to check if she passed by since she's pretty closely acquainted with them, but she was just getting the same response over and over; she's still not here.

Yuna's patience was growing thin, and she swore that when she finally sees Eunbi again, she'll gonna give her a good lecturing, might be even accompanied with some light weight A grade karate chop.

Soon enough, police have been also involved with the search since they had taken into account that the head doctor was missing for more than 24 hours already. The pursuit operation was kept limited to her family members and higher ups since the management doesn't want to cause disarray to the hospital, unfortunately there's nothing yet to report.

The only good thing that happened after the medical emergency was that, every patients was treated well and was in good condition now. Being second in charge, Yuna was barely managing the whole hospital at bay while doing her usual work as a senior resident surgeon, that was the only moment in her life she felt what Eunbi has to deal with every single day, she must admit, it takes a lot of extra courage and energy to keep it through.

Few hours on doing paper works and skimming through patients medical histories, her desktop lit up, and a small notification tab popped up at the bottom corner of the screen.

   / / 17 February 2019
   Mark Colby
   President in charge
   FH Hospital System
   Louisiana, USA
   FHhospitalsunited@gmail.com //

She need not to open the email, one glance and she already knew what's the notice was all about, she couldn't help but to sigh at the added workload, "Crap.. I almost forgot about the general assembly. Damn that stupid neurosurgeon! She should be the one dealing with this. Argh what a headache."

Eunbi better come back before the date of the meeting, because Yuna will not leave Korea just to fly overseas in behalf of her for a mere general meeting as that.

Only one hour more and the clock would hit midnight, she's been burried deep down with the huge stacks of papers in her desk but it seems that it's not ending anytime soon.

Her eyelids were becoming heavier every second and her limbs were starting to lose reflex as well. Until an anxious knock resonated towards her eardrums.

"Come in." she replied sheepishly, lightly tapping her cheeks in hopes to wake her almost drifting consciousness.

It was Jun.

The man breathed deeply, catching for air from his long run, "She-- they've found her."

Yuna was about to ask why didn't he just called her instead of coming all the way there but the man continued and she froze at the thrown information, "Han river."

It's not that she wants to think of that hideous thought, but it just naturally took place on her mind, and it wouldn't leave her now.

What was she doing there at the first place?

With the context and fact that Jun was trembling and didn't supplied any further information about Eunbi's current state was bugging her for so much, it instantly killed the sleepiness that was once dwelling on her body.