Apologies: Chapter 25

Third Person's POV

A car ran by with a thunderous sizzle and haul of wheels.

All scared, Eunbi stood up with both legs sneakily trembling under her liking, the swing's chains swaying, rustling at her motion.

"I'm sorry." Eunbi apologized, her voice was something of those unrecognizable billows of cries, "I'm really sorry."

Violent shudders streamed down the length of Yerin's arms as she peeked through Eunbi's leaden, downcasted form.

It was death.

Not that death that meant complete stoppage of all vital processes of a living person, transforming oneself into a worthless slab of flesh waiting to decay through slow crawl of time.

Rather, it was that death that meant total deprivation of any imaginable human emotions existing out there.

It was pitch-black, her eyes.

So black, it seemed like it summoned the grim reaper to come join in the stifling scene.

But in all reality, there wasn't any grim reaper with lacerating scythe and dark cloak and deceased image─it was just only the two of them.

Eunbi and Yerin.

Yerin and Eunbi.

The head doctor, with utterly summed up somber bearing, was hideously knocking out the star of hope that she had cluelessly provided Yerin with.

Indeed, Eunbi was the one who supplied Yerin the hope and reason to believe and want to live again, but amidst that, she's also the same very person, who was now sucking it away to nothingness.

Yerin's stomach swirled in an uncomprehending reel of toxicity, with Eunbi's eyes puncturing her with disgust.

That time, she thought just how wrong she was. Pathetic and pitiful.

That hope Yerin truly believe into, was a feigned, a traitor deceiving her about the fictitious beauty of life itself.

A false one.

A false hope.

Hope..

In plain text means, to desire with expectation of fulfilment.

But is there really something such as a false hope?

If you search from the highest altitude of Earth to the finest core of it, you won't probably ever find anything like it.

Why?

Simply because false hope doesn't exist, no one will see and catch a glimpse of it all because it's impossible.

Hope can never ever be false. No never.

But what was it that Yerin felt, if it's not false hope?

Distortion of truth? 

Fallacious enthusiasm?

Deceitful sentiment?

Actually, right now, she doesn't also know.

Eunbi released the gigantic load of breath she was holding and, with anxious lips, said, "I'm really sorry Yerin-ah."

Before she could even think, Eunbi had already disappeared in the obscured depths of shadows of the place.

Yerin-ah.

It was one of the rarest times when Eunbi called Yerin by her first name.

Eunbi made it sound so special to her, like sweet honey glazing on her lips.