Apologies: Chapter 24

No one's POV

"What if we fail?"

The girl beside her had the look of great disbelief painted across her face, two seconds after and without remorse she slapped her hard it almost broke her bones, "You stupid! You're the one who created and planned everything. This is all you wanted. Now, don't you dare give me that hopeless demeanor."

"But.." she paused, a vast wave of sadness taking over her voice, "But what if it doesn't work? What if I don't see her?"

"What's wrong with you?" the latter groaned and rolled her eyes, "You're starting to be annoying."

"I'm sorry."

"If you're that sorry, then do me a favor."

She lifted her head, and both their gazes met, "What?"

"I need you to believe. Have hope. You'll see her soon."

She looked at the bracelet safely resting on her wrist and smiled to herself, a little bit too dispirited, "Will I?"

___________________________________________

Third Person's POV

A nurse came huffing at Eunbi's door, "Doc, new patient is admitted, the situation is currently bad, at the moment, some interns and medical practitioners on standby are trying to pacify it."

Eunbi snapped, hastily closing the book she's reading. With a voice that was thick and stern, she asked, "Where's the patient?"

"Ward 3E."

"Alright," she answered fiercely, "You go first, I'll just follow." 

One might be wondering why cases like this should be directly reported to Eunbi. About two or three years ago when they started taking a shot in pharmaceutical field, it came to Eunbi that it'll be better if cases that have significant value to topics such as cognitive processes and neurological inclinations should be submitted to her because there's a factual data involve that they can practically use in developing their very first drug─GZO 17.

A little break down about GZO. It's a type of drug aiming to treat, if not, stabilize any cognitive related degeneration─PTSD, alzheimers, schizophrenia, anxiety, depression, dimentia and whatnot. That cannot be cured by any means of operation.

She have taken into consideration all the advices and tips by the doctors she met about how this is actually impossible to put in reality.

Since the invention of hospitals and medicines, no one has been successful on formulating this kind of drug. They're not the first ones who started on aiming this a bit too ambitious goal, but they're the first one who made the greatest progress so far, and if successful, they're gonna make a whole new history with this drug.

It's not new to her to see outrageous and furious patients. Though still not used to it, and is continuously adjusting, she just accepted that she cannot do anything about that, that it's now part of her everyday life.

She was greeted by a patient who's boiling in lividity and was neglecting to be put in sedation, "What's the case all about?"

"The rescue team said that he's one of the survivors of a burning building. He has escaped himself alone. The team suggested that some of the debris might have forcefully injured his head."

"Is there any physical wounds?"

The nurse skimmed through the patient's chart before answering, "As for the initial inspection, there wasn't any, so we're thinking that there might be an internal hemorrhage."