Apologies: Chapter 20

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

I shall die tomorrow.

Eunbi wished that tomorrow won't ever come. That when she opens her eyes, it will remain as the same dreadful day as today.

But haplessly, that's the only thing no one can stop.

Tomorrow, the passage of time to be exact, is not something you can just manipulate whenever you want to. Something that is bound to happen, a sure phenomena that will take place no matter where or what in the world is taking on.

Eunbi wasn't sure what will happen tomorrow and so thus anyone. If it'll be a peaceful summer or a nightmarish winter. No one knows.

The next few hours were spent on staying at her office, usually she would be up on her monitor doing her usual work but this time, instead of beating her head off with that rectangular screen, she's beating her head off with impractical thoughts about her life.

Eunbi has been a good person ever since she can remember. She puts everyone's welfare above hers. Helps everyone around her. Became a radiant light to everyone. Shortly said, she's a total role model, a protagonist everyone knows.

She practically didn't do any act of viciousness, but now, she's being attacked by the karma she doesn't deserve?

Oh maybe because..

That's what will complete her life, an integral part of it.

Protagonist and antagonist.

Light and dark.

Good and evil.

An absolute classic and unbruised combination isn't?

"Damnit." she grunted, shaking thousands of thoughts off of her head, "I better get some fresh air."

Pushing back her swivel chair, she reached out for her purse which she always kept in for buying something in the vending machine at the lower floors, for cafés were probably all closed already during this late at night.

As an experienced doctor, Eunbi highly recommends coffee as a remedy for any disgruntling thoughts, a sleek canned caffe latte perhaps.

The coin dropped, there's a click and voala, now she has her own canned coffee.

She opened the lid with a sheer force, the amazing aroma of coffee greeting her nostrils.

"Seriously the best." she smiled to herself, taking her very first sip on it.

As she's taking her way to the hospital's lounge, and to the yard, her eyes caught an unmoving and squirming and jittery figure sitting on one of the rowed chairs, all whilst reading a fractal newspaper that covered her entire face.

It was just like a bird hiding it's head in something, with all other body parts still exposed, thinking that it's already invisible to everyone's naked eyes.