Apologies: Chapter 18

Yerin's POV

Yerin's POV

Eomma?

Am I hearing it right? Seriously? You mean that woman who gave birth to you? That woman who nurses and takes care of you?

So, Dr. Hwang is the one Akane was looking for? Her mother?

Wow.

Just wow.

Just when I thought that I am getting used to this environment, but no, the bombs are still dropping by this time.

I mean, I might just be incredibly bombarded with how things are going right now.

Dr. Hwang- she's workaholic, really dedicated to her work, still quite young and a perfectionist. Who would have thought that she has a child already right?

After the two separated the hug, Akane looked back at me smiling. The little girl tagged Eunbi along and came close to cut the distance between us.

I was met by Eunbi's eyes which got me frozen for a nanosecond before I ditched back myself to reality, "Akane.. oh.. and ahm.. Good m-morning Dr. Hwang."

"Dr. Jung," the girl began, still with that wide smile on her face, "Thank you for accompanying me earlier."

"Ah yeah, good morning to you as well Dr. Jung. I see you're with Akane earlier?" Eunbi asked, joining the conversation.

"I just like.. uh saw her earlier, I thought she was lost so I come along with her to the.. to here."

"So that's the story.." said Eunbi, nodding in my explanation.

Fidgeting my fingers, I hesitated to ask about how she's doing after she recovered from her sickness, but guess that I'm overly courageous today knowing that I've done her daughter a favor, "Dr. Hwang, y-you I mean, your.. h-how's your condition going?"

Oh well, with all that stuttering, that courage turned out to be still a little misplaced. I won't be schock if she'll ask me to repeat it because I know it sounded nonsense and hilarious.

"They might have made it sound like a big deal to all of you, but it's just a mere flu. I'm all well and okay now though." a chuckle adorned her sentence in the most surfeiting manner, "Anyway Dr. Jung, thank you for accompanying my daughter."

Damn.

Now, she's not denying it.

"It's no problem." I beamed a small smile in which she too, responded with a smile before leaving.

I am more than willing to do greater than that for your daughter and of course for you, if you'll just promise me that you'll keep smiling at me like that Eunbi.

The next thing I knew, I was already cooing internally at how Akane rolls up her entire hand around Dr. Hwang's pinky finger as they walk by together side by side.