Chapter 19

REUVEN ROTHSTEIN

Well, my friends, I guess this is it. This is where it all comes to an end. The good things and the bad things, the happiness and the sadnesses, the fortunes and the misfortunes... this is it.

I never knew that my life could end so quickly, like an unfinished page of a book. But what I did know is that I had to risk my life to save someone else's.

And that is what I did.

Sometimes in life, you gotta make sacrifices. Sacrifices like mine.

It can be difficult, I know. But if I can save an innocent soul who gave my mother and I a whole new life, then you can do the same as well.

Speaking of which, I knew that it was the right thing to do. I knew that this was the way that I can repay Mr. Parker for everything that he has done for me and my mother. He was a great man, a teacher, and a role model for all.

And my mother on the other hand, she's a strong woman. After everything we both have been through, she still stood tall, even when it hurted.

I just hope that one day, my dad would know what he did was wrong. I hope that he will learn from his actions, and to never do the same to other women that he will meet in his lifetime.

Well, I guess this is where my story ends. Goodbye mom and dad, goodbye Mr. Parker. Farewell, my enemies, and the world around me.

Stay strong, mom. I know that you're hurting right now, but I did the right thing. To save a life. And to give you a new one.

Farewell, farewell, and farewell.

May you all live a good life, filled with joy and great pleasure.

FIN.