Prologue

It is very hard to be the only person that is differing from the others. They hurt you and do whatever they can to make you feel so alone in this world. It's like the world wants you to blend in, instead of standing out and to be contented for who you are. They do not care about what 

When I was just a little girl, naive and very afraid, my dad would spend endless nights drinking ,  being abusive to my mom and especially to me. He would go home at midnights which would lead to my mom to become very worried about him. By the time that he would get home, he would start slamming doors, knocking down chairs, and would try to choke my mom. I would hide under the cover of my blankets as I heard the hurtful words that was coming out from my dad's mouth. I could also hear the hurtful cries from my mom, pleading him to stop. 

My dad would forcefully drop my mom to the ground and would leave her laying there in pain and agony. It was something that I did not want to be witnessing. I looked at my phone and let my six year old self dial the numbers 9-1-1...

But I couldn't... I just couldn't.

I would jump out of my window, and would slowly climbed down from the trees' branches, trying not to make a sound. As I was finally on the ground, I ran out onto the streets as fast as I could with tears running down my eyes. I would then ask myself...

"Why? Why me?"

I ran until I could only see peace. What is life when you repetitively have to live this type of life every single day?

I looked unto the ocean's waves that would calmly dance under the shining stars and the bright moon as my feet touched the grains filled with sand. I would feel the wind gently blowing my face as I looked unto the sea's distance from where I am standing, to how far the sea would end.

I wish that my life was like that. Gentle, soft, and would go far into the distances that would reach towards success.

I sat down on the grains of sand and continued to look at the ocean's waves that would slowly wash up towards the sand, and back to the water again.

My name is Reuven Rothstein, and this is my story.