Chapter 15

REUVEN ROTHSTEIN

After a moment of getting ready that was filled with squeals, my mom was finally ready to show off the new her! She was wearing a cute purple top, black jeans, and are being followed by an adorable pair of purple flat shoes. She looked great! And I mean great! She definitely nailed the look! As you can probably tell, my mom is not a big fan of dresses. She's more of a casual girl that does not really follow the stereotypical girly outfits. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that, all girls have different tastes in style.

Speaking of which, as I was finishing up putting on the makeup on my mom's face, I could hear the doorbell ring from downstairs.

"I'll get it, mom," I said, putting the makeup brush down on the table, and running downstairs to see who it was.

I opened the door, and there he was, Mr. Parker, dressed up in a suit and a tie, with a rose in his hand.

"Hey, Reuven, please tell me your mom said yes to going out with me..."

"Oh, you bet she did!"

"Yes! Thank goodness! I thought she would say no..."

"Well, she did have some doubts..."

"Oh... really?"

"Yep... but hey, I talked to her! She's currently putting on the finishing touches of her makeup. Wanna come inside while you wait?"

"I would love to!"

Mr. Parker stepped into our house, and I shut the door behind him.

"So, Mr. Parker, are you excited for your date?" I asked with excitement.

"Oh, absolutely! I can't wait to see your mom tonight." Mr. Parker replied, fixing his tie.

"Great! So, umm, I'll be right back. I have to see how my mom is doing. I'll tell her that you are here."

"Sounds good to me!"

And with that, I ran upstairs to my mom to see if she is ready.

"Who was that who rang the doorbell?" my mom asked.

"That was Mr. Parker. He's downstairs waiting for you." I replied with a smile.

My mom takes a deep breath.

"You're gonna be fine, mom. Trust me." I assured her.

"Are you sure? Do I look okay?"

"Mom, it's gonna be fine. You look great! Just get out there... and... be confident! Don't worry about your looks! A true man would love you no matter what you look like."

"You're right, Reuven. I should stop worrying about my looks, and just get out there and be confident."

"Now, that's what I'm talking about. Now, come on, your man is waiting for you."

My mom and I headed downstairs to see Mr. Parker. You should've seen how Mr. Parker reacted by the time he saw my mom. I mean, he looked speechless alright. Speechless.

"I, umm, got this for you." Mr. Parker said, handing her the rose.

"Oh, you really didn't have to do this, really," my mom replied, blushing.

"But I did, anyway, didn't I?" Mr. Parker smiled.

"I guess you did," my mom replied with a chuckle.

"Now, off you go, you lovebirds. Don't worry about me. I'll just sit in my room and draw, eat ice cream, do whatever it takes to keep myself busy." I said, opening the door.

"Stay safe, okay Reuven?" my mom asked.

"I'll be just fine, mom. Now go, enjoy yourselves. Don't go too crazy."

"Haha, don't worry, we won't." Mr. Parker replied, as he closed the door behind him.

Well, I guess it's just you and me, house.