Chapter 5

Time has passed, and it was time to go home. I walked on the hallways with my backpack on my shoulders, heading out for the door. As I was on my way home, I could hear footsteps behind me that were getting closer to me. I turned around and saw Gabriella and Hazel standing right in front of me with their fingers twirling on their own hairs.

"Well look who we have here," Gabriella said as she flipped her blonde hair.

"Yeah. The ugly one." Hazel followed.

Both of them laughed.

"The one who says, the one who is," I said folding my arms.

They both looked at each other.

"Yeah, that's what I thought," I said, as I walked away from them as fast as I could.

"Hold up there, little peasant," Gabriella said as she held my arm.

I groaned.

"Do I have to listen to your mouth every single time that we're alone?" I asked.

"Apparently, yes," Hazel replied as she looked at me with disgust.

"Wait, but before we continue this any further, you both called me disgusting right?"

"Exactly," Gabriella said.

"Sure," Hazel added.

"Then why are you... grabbing my arm? You just called me disgusting."

"Can you just like shut up for a moment and let me finish?" Gabriella said raising her voice.

"Yeah, let her finish for a moment!" Hazel followed being the copycat herself.

Oh my gosh. Are you literally kidding me right now?

"Sure, I guess," I said with a shrug.

" Okay good. Listen, peasant, don't you dare come near my man again or-"

"Your man? You mean Mr. Parker?" I asked with a tint of laughter.

"Yeah! Obviously! He's the richest person in the whole world, and you're taking him from me!" Hazel whined.

Clearly, these girls do not know what men really are. All they care about is money and status. How ridiculous! Hun, money doesn't grow on a man's hair where you can just pluck out money out of it.

"And mine too! Mr. Parker is mine too!" Gabriella exclaimed.

"No, he's mine!" Hazel argued.

"Girl, listen to my lips: He. Is. Mine." Gabriella said towards Hazel, saying each word one by one.

And there they went, arguing like five-year-old children. Does anyone ever heard the word compromise?! Like, come on now!

"Hey!" a familiar voice called out.

I turned around to that familiar voice that was echoing in the distance.

"Oh, would you look at that! It's your "man"." I said groaning.

"Mr. Parker!" Gabriella called out.

"My prince charming!" Hazel exclaimed as he ran towards Mr. Parker.

I think I need to go vomit right now.

"So... what are you girls trying to do to Ms. Rothstein?" Mr. Parker asked, fixing his hair.

"We were just admiring how beautiful Reuven's hair is!" Hazel said in a sarcastic manner.

"Sure you did," I said to myself.

"Shut up, peasant. We don't need to hear your opinion!" Gabriella said giving me unpleasant stares.

"I don't want to shut up. I have my right to share my own opinions." I replied.

"Did you just told me to shut up?" Gabriella asked.

"Yes, yes I did." I shrugged.

"Please stop your useless arguing and explain this. Are you really admiring Ms. Rothstein's hair?"

"Of course we are!" Hazel said sarcastically.

"I find that very hard to believe. Come on girls, follow me to the principal's office. One more time and you girls are going straight to detention."

I followed both Hazel and Gabriella to the office. I cannot believe that I lost Mr. Parker's trust.

"Except for you, Ms. Rothstein. You haven't done anything wrong."

Well, that was a relief.

After all of that useless drama that happened, I decided to walk back home. When suddenly...

"Ms. Rothstein!"

I turned around.

"Oh, it's you again."

Mr. Parker smiled.

"How did you know that Gabriella and Hazel were lying?" I asked with curiosity.

"Teachers can always tell if something is wrong."

I smiled.

"Good for you, Mr. Parker."

"I guess so." 

"It's kind of getting late. I better get running home before I make my mother worried. See you around?" I said as I looked out the door window seeing that it was getting dark.

"I can't let you go out there by yourself, Ms. Rothstein. It's dangerous out there, especially when it's getting dark."

"True..." I replied.

An idea pops up in Mr. Parker's head.

"What about I walk you home?"

"You? Walk me home?"

"Yeah! Why not?"

I thought for a moment.

"Well, I guess a teacher walking me home wouldn't hurt."

"So, is that a yes?"

"Yes..."

We both smiled at each other and both made our way back home.