Chapter Two

The sun has finally risen as I slept soundly in my bed, not being aware of anything. I woke up to the sound of my alarm screaming at me. I looked at my clock and my eyes widened.

It was 7:50 AM.

"What?! I have five minutes left to get ready!" I thought to myself as I dashed towards my closet, scanning each closet as quickly as I possibly can.

I came across another clothing that was given to me last Christmas, it was a Steven Universe shirt and black jeans. I put it on with confidence in myself. I just hope that the people at the school will like me for who I am. It is kind of scary to be in a new school with a bunch of new people whom you do not know very well. I ran downstairs and found a note on the kitchen counter. It read...

Sorry, Reuven. I have to go to an interview for my new job that I am going to work

in.  Food is in the microwave!

                                                                                       Love, mom :)

"Well, I guess I'm on my own then." I thought to myself.

I took a quick glance at the clock, and it was already 7:55 AM. I decided to grab a cookie and ran out for the door. I realized that I left my backpack at home, so I went back to get it. I got my backpack with me and ran out for the school. I ran as fast as my legs could take me. I could find myself standing in front of my new school. I looked up and down at my school and was stunned by how huge the school was. I stepped inside the school and looked around at the design, the people... you name it! I looked down at my schedule and went to my first class, it was Arts. Arts is probably my favorite subject of all subjects because it is the only subject that is my specialty. I looked around the classroom and was surprised by how pretty the room was. It was filled with varieties of artworks and sculptures. It was really spectacular by how much creativity there was in the room! I took my seat and just sat there, waiting for class to start. 

The bell has finally rung as everyone ends their conversations and went back to their seats. A lady walks into the classroom that wore a floral dress and had her hair in a bun. She looks at all of us with a small smile on her face.

"Good morning, class!" she greeted.

"Good morning!" the whole class responded.

The teacher turns to me and smiles at me, then I smiled back. I could tell that this was going to be a great first day of school.

It was time to do free-choice drawing for our very first activity of the year. I was very excited that we could draw whatever we wanted to draw. I looked at the window where the sun was shining, and that was when inspiration struck in. I decided to draw a scenery... like a sunset hiding under the midst of the mountains and birds flying freely.

And so I did.

A few minutes have passed, I could hear whispering that was coming from behind my table.

"Who is she?" a blonde girl asked.

"I'm not sure, but she looks very strange." a blonde and hazel mixed hair said.

"More like ugly. Her clothes aren't even that good. It's too plain."

I tried to pretend not to listen to them, but it was hard.

"Yeah. I totally agree, Gabby."

"Good. You should agree with me at all times, hun."

"Sure, I guess."

I was about to scream at their faces, but then, the school bell disrupted everything.

"Okay class, see you tomorrow!" the teacher said as she gave the class a little wave.

I went up from my seat and exited the classroom as quickly as I could, and I successfully did.

"So, what are you gonna do about her, Gabby?" 

"You'll see Ms. Brownington... you'll see."