Chapter 12

Mr. Parker 

I stood there silently, looking at Reuven's mother staring into the night's sky while admiring her beautiful eyes that reflected in the moon's light. I took a step closer just to take a close look at her. She turned around, frightened.

"Oh my goodness, I'm terribly sorry that I have frightened you, Ms. Rothstein. I was just wondering to see if you were alright..."

A smile escapes from her lips.

"It's alright. I'm fine, don't worry. I'm just an ordinary person who's just looking at the countless stars on this wonderful night."

She lets out a sigh and looked back at the night sky. I stood beside her and looked at the night sky as well.

"Isn't this night just lovely? I mean, if only life was just like this..." she asks, turning to me.

"What do you mean?" I asked with curiosity.

"Well, you see, life was hard for me. You might have already heard the story from dear, Reuven. But you know what? I'll just say it again, anyway." she replied with a shrug.

I chuckled. "Alright, go ahead."

She lets out a sigh. "You see, when dear Reuven was just six years old, my husband was a very abusive man. He would go home at late nights from drinking, he would choke me, he would say hurtful words to me... I..."

Tears began to escape from her hazel eyes. "I'm sorry... I just... can't..."

"Shhh, it's going to be okay, I promise. It is not your fault, don't apologize." I said softly, as I pulled her closer to give her a hug.

She looks up at me, and I wipe her tears that escaped from her eyes. We both smiled at each other and looked back at the wonderful night sky.

"Parker," she called.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Thank you, for everything that you have done for Reuven and I. Reuven is so happy that she has found someone like you when nobody else was there."

I smiled. "It's nothing, really. I always do my best to bring back good into this world. And, when any of my students witnesses my acts, I hope that they will do the same for other people that are in need."

"That's so sweet of you, Parker. You must've been doing this for a long time now, I presume?"

"Yes, yes I have."

We both gazed into each other's eyes for a moment, a smile escaping from our lips once again. I leaned closer to her and paused, when I suddenly heard romantic violin music coming out of nowhere. I turned towards to where the sound was coming from...

It was good old Reuven Rothstein, dancing around to the romantic violin music with a small radio in her hands. She was in her nightgown, twirling around, having fun.

"Reuven! What are you doing here?" her mother called out.

Reuven pauses and looks towards where her mother was standing while I was trying to contain myself from laughing.

"What? I'm just trying to set the mood here!" Reuven said as she paused the song that was playing on her radio.

Her mother and I looked at each other, then back at Reuven.

"Reuven, don't you have any 0ther homework to do?" her mother asked.

"I already finished all of them, remember?" Reuven replied with a shrug.

"Oh, well, you go ahead back to your room and do that scribbling thing you do with your pencil and sketchbook."

"Mom, it's called drawing,"

"Oh, yeah, what you said!"

"Fine, I'll go back and draw. See you later... love birds." Reuven said, raising her eyebrows up and down.

From then on, she ran back towards her bedroom, shutting the bedroom door closed.

We both looked at each other again and giggled.

"Good old, Reuven." I said.

"I could say the same, Parker." her mother replied with a smile.

A lingering question wandered around my head.

"By the way, when did you guys moved here to America?" I wondered.

"We moved here about a month ago."

"I see..."

We then both gave each other a hug, and looked back at the stars that were shining down on us, on this young and beautiful night.

*Just a note for future references: When you see a name on top, that means that the story is in that character's point of view.*

Thank you all for 112 views!!! :O I really wasn't expecting that lol.