Chapter 6

The nighttime sky has finally blanketed the world as Mr. Parker and I walked into the silent sidewalks. The street lights were on, and the moon was shining bright in the sky. Our shadows were in front of us, alive and free. I glanced at Mr. Parker, who is staring down at his shadow as we both walked home. He looked back at me with a smile on his face. I smiled back, and looked ahead to make sure that there were no vehicles coming in our way. Mr. Parker spots a bench that was under a tree, and turns to me.

"Reuven, would you mind taking a break with me from our walk? It's only just a while, it won't be long, I promise."

"Oh, sure. I'm sure that my mom wouldn't mind taking a break with a new friend I've made at school today."

Mr. Parker smiled. "Friend? You'd consider me as your friend?"

"Why, of course! Why not?"

Mr. Parker smiled at me, and sat on the bench. I follow, sitting beside him looking up in the beautiful night sky.

"Beautiful night, isn't it?" Mr. Parker asked, looking at me.

"Yes, yes it is." I replied in agreement.

We both had a moment of silence for a while, looking up at the stars that shined down on us. I took a quick glance at Mr. Parker, seeing the lights from the moon reflecting from his blue eyes.

"Mr. Parker?"

"Yes, Reuven?"

"Why do you accept me for who I am? I was expecting you to... you know... make fun of me."

"Why would I do such a thing to you for no good reason? I'm from England, you're from Canada, we're both from different universes. After all, I love meeting students from different places of the world!"

"Really?!"

"Really."

We both smiled at each other.

We both got up from the bench and began our walk back home. The moonlight was still reflecting at Mr. Parker's blue eyes and his silk, flat, brown hair. We both walked by a park, when suddenly, Mr. Parker was looking at something that was in the park that I couldn't see, since that I'm a shorty.

"Mr. Parker? What are you looking at?"

There was no response.

"Mr. Parker?" I asked again.

He runs towards the park, leaving me behind.

"Mr. Parker?!" I asked running after him.

We both finally stopped, when Mr. Parker's eyes were locked with an upright piano.

"Wait, I don't understand. Why are we here anyway? Do you even play the piano?"

Mr. Parker looks back at me.

"Well, it looks like that you are about to find out tonight, Reuven."

What did I get myself into?