The thief *part 2* (Mob boss!AU, Tom Holland)

Start from the beginning

"So, darling, first thing's first. Who hired you?" Tom asked, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked at me, Harrison doing the same thing as he leant against one of the shelves. I sighed and looked at him.

"A guy called Jason Montgomery. Though, whether that's his real name or just an alias, I'm not sure." I shrugged as the nurse started to gently dab the blood off of the cut that was apparently on my forehead. Though it explained the concussion.

"How did he contact you?" Harrison asked.

"He approached me after my last client. Apparently, the client before him had only hired me in order for me to prove to Montgomery that I was good enough to get the job done, which of course I didn't know at the time. I was actually pretty insulted, and still am to be honest. I mean, has my reputation really slipped that much?" I scoffed and shook my head.

"Don't worry, angel, your reputation still precedes you." Tom reassured, making me give him a small smile.

"So, he approached me after I pulled the job off for the client. Said he was impressed by my work, especially since I'm a woman. Would have punched the shit out of him if it weren't for how much he offered me." I mumbled.

"How much did he offer you?" Tom asked. I looked at him, biting my lip as I knew that he wouldn't like the answer.

"Thirty-million." I admitted. Tom's eyes widened, as did Harrison's as they looked at each other.

"For a hundred-thousand pound's worth of diamonds? That doesn't make sense." Harrison scoffed.

"It didn't to me either, but I could have retired on that amount alone, so I took it." I nodded. Tom returned it as he looked at me.

"Did he say why he wanted the diamonds? Especially for that price?" Tom asked. I shrugged and looked at him.

"He was super vague about it. Some shit about them hiding something, about something being engraved in them. I don't know." I shook my head.

"Okay. That's enough for now, thanks, sweetheart. Let's get you to bed, you need your rest." He nodded as he extended his hand again. I returned the nod and took his hand as I jumped down from the bed, Tom holding me as I stood on still unsteady feet. Tom led me out of the medical suite and back along to his room, my body instinctively leaning into his side as we walked.

"Tommy, can I talk to you about something?" I asked as we stopped at his door.

"Course you can, angel." He nodded. I sighed and looked up at him.

"I said that you could have me if you let me live, and I meant it. I don't know, I guess that I just want to be on the same page when it comes to exactly what that means." I shrugged. Tom looked at me.

"I'm not going to do anything that you're not comfortable with, if that's what you mean. You know that I'd never disrespect you." He shook his head.

"No, I know, I just...I want you to know that I offered myself because I reciprocate the feelings that you have for me, not because you were about to kill me. I don't want you thinking that I only did it to save myself." I admitted, looking down as I suddenly felt shy saying the words. Tom sighed and nodded, gently hooking his finger underneath my chin and making me look back up at him.

"I know, darling. I know that you've seen how I've looked at you over the years, but I've also seen how you look at me." He teased, making me laugh as he dramatically raised his eyebrow.

"So, we're on the same page?" I asked.

"One-hundred percent." He reassured. I smiled and nodded before standing on my toes and joining our lips. Tom returned it, gently holding my face as he returned the kiss. He broke the kiss and looked at me with a soft smile, making me drop back down onto my feet.

"Get some sleep, angel. We've got a long day tomorrow of figuring out who this Jason Montgomery is and figuring out what's so special about those diamonds." He nodded. I returned it and opened the bedroom door.

"Don't be too long, Tommy." I spoke.

"I won't be, babe." He reassured, giving me another small smile before kissing my head. I returned the smile and bit my lip before slipping into the bedroom and shutting the door.

Tom's P.O.V

Tom walked into his study, giving Harrison a small smile as the boy was already sat at the desk, studying the diamonds that were under the magnifying glass.

"Right then, what's so fucking special about these diamonds that Montgomery sent the love of my life to steal them from me for thirty mil?" Tom mumbled, making Harrison chuckle and look at the boy.

"I can see something, but I'm not sure what. It's writing for sure, but it seems to be incoherent and I have no idea what any of it means." Harrison shrugged.

"Let me have a look." Tom demanded. Harrison nodded and stood from the table, Tom taking his place as he picked up the magnifying glass and held up one of the diamonds. His eyes flicked over the words, his eyebrows furrowed. Suddenly, it clicked. Tom's eyes widened, a massive smile spreading across his lips as he realised what he was looking at.

"No. Fucking. Way."