Contracts are Always Broken: Final Countdown: PT 2

Devil lifted Mad by his arms and flew up to where Nixon and Cry were. He dropped Mad down and landed on a furnace shaft near by.

Mad pulled out his knife and twirled it in his hand. Cry glared at him and he glared back. Neither of them cared about the rain or that the fact someone was going to die.

"Cry.."

"Mad..."

"Heh...how's little ole Fe-Fe doing? Still kicking?"

"Yes, no thanks to you...how's Virus? You finally get to nasty him?"

Mad growled. "You shut your trap! Before I do it for you!"

"Where's my daughter?!" Nixon demanded. Mad straightened his posture, an amused look on his face.

"Sleeping with the hounds. If you get what I mean."

Nixon's face turned pale. Then slowly it showed anger rising within him. Cry was about to say something when the doors leading to the roof were kicked open.

The guards rushed out and lined up behind Cry and Nixon. "Sir! Ready to fire when needed!" One said. Nixon looked back at them, the anger still on his face, then looked back at Mad and Devil.

"Did you capture him?"

One guard motioned to the door. A guard walked out, carrying a body.

Virus.

Mads blood ran cold. "VIRUS!!!"

The guard threw the body to the ground. His shoulder was bloody of an obvious gun wound. Mad was about to run to him-

"DONT MOVE."

The guards all held up their guns and red dots scattered all over Mads body from the targets. He dropped to his knees as he looked at Virus.

"V-virus..."

"Is he still alive?" Cry asked the guard. The guard nodded and handed him a small pink tab.

"We also got this from the bathroom." Cry raised his eyebrows in shock.

"Hmph...as much I hate the thought of having to kill him now...this needs to end..."

Devil sat amused by the situation. He then let out a low cackle.

"Shall I just take him already?" Devil said lowly. Mad looked at him, anger on his face.

"You shut up!"

"Not the pathetic virus you fool." Devil disappeared then reappeared standing over Virus. He kicked Virus onto his back as a loud yelp sounded from him. "Him."

Mad got confused as he watched Devil place a hand on Virus's stomach. Then a black orb appeared once he moved it away. Devil grabbed the orb and held it in his hand. A small purple light swirled within the orb.

"I'll just take him with me."

"wait...WAIT NO!!!"

"FIRE!!!"

As Mad jumped at Devil, Nixon ordered the guards to fire. Devil stretched out a wing to block the bullets as they fired at them quickly. When Mad heard the bullets fire he instinctively jumped over Virus' body and shielded him.

"STOP FIRE."

Cry signaled them to stop and they did. Devil disappeared and went back to his place on the furnace. Mad grabbed Virus' face and shook him.