Zayn walked to a table with guns on it.

'Okay. We're going to be starting with a handgun. This is simple but more powerful than you'd think. Keep steady hands, point straight ahead, and...' Zayn aimed at the tin can before shooting and hitting it. 'Boom. Who wants to go first?'

Nobody volunteered.

'I'll go.' I shrugged. I was experienced with guns, as my Uncle would take Logan, Jake and I out to go clay shooting on weekends.

Zayn passed me the gun, knowing my abilities with it. 

I quickly took out the used cartridge that Zayn had used before reloading it. I put my right leg in front of me and leant on my back leg. I slowly raised the gun, holding it with two hands directly in front of me. I racked the slide and took aim at the tin can.

Then everything happened at lightning speed.

I shot and heard the soothing pinging of the bullet making contact with the can- rupturing the tin surface. I then slid the slide back again and shot. Less dramatically than last time. Quicker. I repeated it, aiming at the next can on the fence.

Bang

Bang

Bang

I had shot all of the cans down.

I panted, lowering the gun and cocking the gun so that the empty cartridge fell out into my waiting hand. I gently placed the cartridge on the table and turned around. I'd forgotten how nice the adrenaline rush this gave me, felt.

'Who's next?'

...

Everyone went.

I helped all of the girls take their shots, and Zayn did with the boys, so that it wasn't awkward- but JJ insisted on being taught by me. 

...

JJ picked up the handgun I was offering him and raised it slowly.

'Okay, index finger on the little bit there, and keep your thumb there.' I said softly, moving the placement of his fingers around.

His hands were shaking. I pushed my body close against his and stabilised his grip of the gun- holding his hands between mine.

'Pull the slide towards you.' I instructed. He pulled the slide. 'Aim.' He aimed at a can. I moved his arms slightly to the right.

'Shoot.' I whispered.

He pulled the trigger, bouncing back from the force of the gun. I just heard the chime of the bullet hitting the can.

'I DID IT!' He yelled, raising his arms in victory, before turning around to me and planting his hands on my waist, picking me up like I was light as a feather. I let out a mix of a scream and a laugh before JJ lowered me to the ground and looked into my eyes- his bright with happiness.

In every cliché romance book or movie, the two protagonists who were 'deeply in love'  and obviously loved each other (but pretended that they didn't know the other loved them) would kiss- and for a moment, I hoped- no, Thought we were going to.

Before I could even register how close and intimate we were being, the boys had ran up to JJ and were jumping all around him, cheering and screaming, with Randolph filming all of it.

...

The handgun round went surprisingly well. Talia replicated my form perfectly, and hit an amazing 3 out of 5, the highest out of all of us! (not including Zayn or I).