M.W | Just A Friend To You Pt. 2

Y/n walked back to her classroom, still chuckling at her foolishness for thinking that Mike likes her back.

"i feel dumb." she whispered.

"you feel what?"

Y/n looked at the girl who's talking to her. Maxine Mayfield, the new girl.

"oh, it's nothing Maxine. How's your first day?" Y/n asked nicely.

Maxine just shrugged then sat beside the girl.

"call me Max."

Time skip.

Y/n and Max got along real quick, they were talking about this useless textbook that the teacher made Max bring, and guess what? She didn't even needed it 'cause they didn't use it.

"it made my bag heavier" she said as she rolled her eyes.

"y-yeah" Y/n said as she was completely distracted by the boy who's beside her locker.

"uh- Y/n?" Max said waving her hands in front of the girl's face.

Max looked at to where her eyes are stuck to, Michael Wheeler.

"isn't that the frog faced loser they were talking about? He doesn't look that bad. " Max asked, confused.

"oh- uh, he isn't." Y/n pulled Max away, completely hiding from Mike.

"what was that about?" Max asked as they went to the library.

"nothing, i-i need to find this specific book"

"specific what?" Max questioned again.

"he's coming!" Y/n whispered as she pulled Max down.

"Y/n cAn yOu PleAsE tELL mE whAt'S goiNg oN?"

"alright okay, okay. I like Mike, like. Really really really REALLY like him i don't even know why but he's been my friend for a LONGG time but he's with this girl we found at a place then he eventually fell DEEPLY inlove with her yET she left him then he's been so clingy to me and this and that bUT then she came back and iT'S NOT LIKE I HATE HER OR ANYTHING I ACTUALLY ADORE HER BUT I JUST CAN'T-"

"Y/n...." Max pointed at the girl's back.

Y/n turned around, seeing non other than Mike Wheeler himself.

"shit."

"Y/n, can i talk to you?" He asked, sternly looking at her.

"oh no, Y/n." Max whispered behind her.

"y-yeah Mike, su-sure."

Time skip.

The two went out of the library, Y/n continously rubbed her hands together as anxiety rushes through her whole entire body and her whole entire nervous system if you know what i mean she's simply terrified and completely horrified.

"shit I'm so fucked he's gonna hate me and I'll lose him and I'll never get to be his friend anymore and then I'll-" before she could even rant in her mind, Mike faced her.

"if you're thinking I'm going to hate you for liking me, I'm not mad." he said looking down.

"w-wHAT?"

"Y/n, i want to get things straight. Do you like me?"

"Mi-Mike you literally just heard me ranting to Max on how much i like you and- ugh fine. I do." she looked down, as she stared at her dirty shoes.

Mike surprisingly hugged her, making her shocked as fuck.

"it's okay." he said smiling.

"wha- what's okay? What?" she asked confused.

"you know, it's okay for you to like me. But Y/n- you know I'm with El..."

Y/n straighten up her posture, realising that she isn't living in a fairytale where her crush will kiss her then tell her he likes her back. 'Cause in reality ladies and gentlemen, those things are bullshit and NEVER happens.

"i- i completely understand Mike, i-it's okay. I'll be okay, it's fine. Completely fine, fine fine fi-"

"Mike!"

the two turned around to see Dustin calling him to their next class, they're gonna be late.

Mike hurriedly hugged Y/n.

"I'm glad you understand, best friends?" he smiled, handing out a pinky for a pinky promise.

"best friends, always." Y/n said, smiling yet is in literal pain on the inside. Handing out her pinky as they did the promise.

"you're the best, see you after school!" Mike said as he kissed her cheeks then ran towards Dustin who happily waved at Y/n.

She waved back smiling.

"and there- he goes." Y/n whispered taking a deep breath as she stared at the two boys who's running to their classroom.

"so how'd it go?" Max said popping out of nowhere.

"well i don't have a boyfriend with me, but atleast i still have my best friend." as she smiled at Max who's giving her a "what the fuck" look.

"You say I'm just a friend to you
Friends don't do the things we do
Everybody knows you love me too
I tried to be careful with the words I use
I say it cause I'm dying to
I'm so much more than just a friend to you~"