Chapter 10 - Percy

A/n: so, because no one commented, I'll be doing Percy's PoV, and I just want you to keep in mind that this chapter might not have a lot of action. It's more like a filler, but I would not recommend skipping it. You might miss some major plot themes (starts aggressively winking) Anyways, hope you enjoy!

PoV: Percy

 "Alright, today we're playing dodgeball!" The coach yelled. The way he acted kind of reminded me of Coach Hedge, except he was a human and didn't carry a bat eveeywhere. 

I looked around for Annabeth, since I knew we had this class together, but I couldn't find her. Now that I was looking, I didn't see Sophie either. Just her friends standing off to the side, looking rather... nervous? Concerned? I couldn't tell.

 "Alright, Team Captains..." The coach muttered before yelling, " Who wants to be team captain? Jackson? How bout you? " I walked up to the front of the room as Annabeth and Sophie came out of the girls locker room, " Ah, Foster. Chase. You're late! And since I want the new kids spread out, you'll be the other captain, Chase! "

I sighed, knowing that the coach probably didn't care about the new kids at all. He just knew about my relationship with Annabeth and wanted to mess with us. Annabeth took a step beside me. "You first, Annabeth." I told her. She gave me a smirk before she yelled, " Sophie Foster. "

The room went dead silent as Sophie took her place next to Annabeth. I looked at her surprised before calling, "Jason Grace."

 it went back and forth like this. Annabeth picked all the new kids while I picked our friends. (What is she doing? Is she just trying to be nice to them? No, she's way to competitive for that? What does she know?)

Soon the teams were evenly split. Annabeth has all the new kids and 1 or 2 others, and I had the rest of the class. With 21 people in P.E, I was confused by her choices, but I wasn't going to complain. Maybe I'd actually beat her for once!

When we chose sides, I watched Annabeth talk to Sophie and her friends. I didn't think anything of it until I realized Fitz was talking. Like, moving his mouth and making noises talking. And Annabeth didn't seem all that surprised. (Okay, something definitely happened. I'm gonna have to talk with her later.)

When the game started, I was surprised, to say the least. None of the new kids ran forward, all staying in place while Annabeth and the other few ran up like our whole team was doing. I laughed, feeling like this would be an easy win as I threw a ball at Sophie. To my shock, she gracefully caught my throw with one hand, and motioned that I was out.

I walked over to the bleachers and sat down, watching the other team. They were easily destroying us, catching impossible throws, hitting us with insane accuracy, and dodging every throw at them. By the time we were 2 minutes into the game, it was Jason against the new kids and Annabeth. Jason threw the ball at Biana, and by the sudden chill in the air, I new he was using his demigod abilities. He was no less competitive than Annabeth, and he was obviously frustrated that he was losing to rookies. 

As he used the wind to hit Biana, I saw him grin, only to watch in awe as she swiftly jumped out of the way and grabbed it easily, winning the game. The one out person of their team high fives Biana, which Keefe had taught everyone how to do, and congratulated Annabeth on picking a good team.

"What's up, Seaweed Brain?" I HEARD Annabeth ask a she walked up to me.

"That's not possible?" I was staring at the ball Biana still held in her hand, "No. There's no way that's possible."

Annabeth laughed, " This is why you don't let me luck teams first! "

(A/n: sorry, I'm gonna rush this part of the story so that its not too boring!)

I couldn't stop thinking about it all day. The rest of my classes went by in a blur, and I could barely focus on anything. (How in Hades did they do that? Normal humans wouldn't be able to dodge Jason, especially if he was actually trying! What is going on?)

When we arrived back at Camp Half Blood, Chiron was waiting for us in the Mess Hall. Before I could ask what had happened he pulled out a scroll.

"Oh no." Annabeth stared at it as the rest of us figured out what it was, " No. No! We're not doing that again!"

"Annabeth." Chiron said gently, " This prophecy doesn't actually involve all of you. Most of you will be able to stay here, actually. "

"How do you know that?" I asked, selfishly hoping Annabeth and I could stay here instead of going on another quest.

Chiron handed the scroll to Annabeth before walking away . He stopped for a moment before calling over his shoulder, "I recommend letting Annabeth reading it on her own."

Everyone looked to Annabeth as Chiron walked away, " I'll be fine, guys. Chiron said I should read it alone. " With that, she went to a nearby tree and opened the scoll.

Okay, so this last part is VERY important, which is why I wrote this chapter in the first place. Sorry if this was really boring, but I needed to explain that the elves know that Annabeth knows who they are, but only Sophie and Keefe know who Annabeth is. (I will explain more next c chapter) Have a great day!