58

"Guys, we need to get moving if we are going to find Rachel. We can't stay here." Connor said after a few moments of letting everyone cry.

Felix was the first to stand. "I'm ready. Jaemin will pay for this."

"Guys." Changbin spoke up. "Look at the news."

The group turned their heads to the still playing monitor and listen intently.

"This just in, the PHLF headquarters has been discovered and is currently on fire following an explosion moments ago. Several explosions have also gone off at homes across the city. Each of these homes is believed to be linked to PHLF conspirators."

"This doesn't make any sense. Brandi's mother was the PHLF leader but she was killed as well, and now explosions at PHLF sites across the city. What is Jaemin doing?" Seungmin said in confusion.

"It does make sense, partially at least." Connor said calmly.

"Please explain." Brittney responded.

"The PHLF was a tool. He was using them just like he used me in the past and he used you, Brittney. It's all he knows how to do. This is a power grab, I just don't know why he wants power to begin with."

"Right now it doesn't matter." Felix responds. "We need to get moving."

"Felix is right." Hyunjin says. "If Rachel is here we need to find her. The tower isn't that large, If we split up we can search faster."

"You guys look for Rachel." Jeongin spoke up. "I want more information on this Kingdom of Nebula. The best place to look will be the council databases."

"I'll go with Jeongin." Chan said quickly.

"Be careful guys. My dad has a hidden safe house near the edge of the city. I never really knew why, but then again he seemed to hide quite a lot from me. I'll send you all the address and we can meet there once we've found Rachel." Connor said before the group split off.

~~

Seungmin and Hyunjin headed towards the east side of the tower moving quickly but carefully to avoid any possible traps. 

"So..." Seungmin began. "Do you really believe everything your dad said?" 

Hyunjin took a deep breath as they continued walking. "About him not being my dad and you and I being purebloods? I don't really want to but look at me. I don't exactly look or feel human anymore."

"The pointed ears are kinda cute."

"Is now really the time?"

"Just trying to lighten the mood. I don't feel the same either, despite not looking any different." 

"I saw you grab your throat?"

"Yeah, it felt like it was on fire for a second but now I'm fine."

"I'm glad. Whatever happens now, we'll get through it together."

"I know, Hyunjin." Seungmin gave a small smile.

The two had almost cleared the eastern halls until they came to the last room which was locked.

"Locked rooms are never a good sign." Seungmin said quietly

"Unless they are hiding the person you are searching for." Hyunjin responds.

"How are we going to get in? We don't have a key."

"Let me try something."

Hyunjin rested his hand on the doorknob as his eyes blazed a bright fiery orange. Each of the cracks on his body began to glow brighter along with his eyes as the doorknob began to melt in his hands. Soon the entire knob and lock had melted off under the intense heat.

"I've never been able to generate enough heat to melt metal before." Hyunjin said impressed with his own actions.

The two carefully pushed the door open and entered the dark room.

"Rachel, are you in here?" Seungmin called out.

"Not quite." A male voice responded as all the lights quickly turned on.

In the center of the room, Jeongho stood with a dark smirk. "Just the two I was hoping to encounter. Though one of you looks very different."

"Who are you? Where's Rachel." Seungmin asked with anger in his tone.

"Aww, I'm upset you don't remember me Seungmin, we've been through so much together. Perhaps I can jog your memory." 

Jeongho's eyes flashed orange and slit as he shapeshifted into Hyunjin before his physical changes while not breaking eye contact with Seungmin.

"Someone's been a bad boy, looks he'll need to be punished."

All anger in Seungmin left his body and was replaced by an intense fear as all the memories of his torture came flooding onto him all at once.

While Seungmin's anger turned to fear Hyunjin was filled with pure rage, his eyes burned and flames ignited from his fingertips.

"You were the one that tortured him?!" Hyunjin yelled.

Jeongho shifted back to his natural appearance and smiled. "Guilty as charged. It was quite fun, I'd love to continue it."

Hyunjin snapped and charged at Jeongho. Jeongho moved out of the way and went to hit Hyunjin but he pulled his hand away in pain as it began to burn the moment he touched him. Hyunjin took the opportunity to knock him to the ground, pinning him with his knee on his chest.

"You put Seungmin through so much pain."

Jeongho's shirt was beginning to smoke where Hyunjin's knee was placed on it but he gathered his concentration. His eyes turned orange and slit once again before he spoke.

"Don't you think it would be great if you put him through even more pain?"

Hyunjin's head began to grow cloudy and Seungmin's eyes widened as the heat coming off of his body began to die down. The calm lasted for a split second before Hyunjin's anger at Jeongho broke through his subliminal suggestion. 

"How fucking dare you?!" Hyunjin was livid. His eyes began to burn brighter and the cracks through his skin glowed intensely and his own clothes began to smoke and burn as his hair burst into flames.

"Wha... What are you?!" Fear finally began to flow through Jeongho.

Hyunjin grabbed onto Jeongho's through an she cried out in pain as it began to burn under Hyunjin's touch.

"I would never hurt Seungmin, but I could kill you right now and make it plenty painful." He raised his other free hand and it ignited in a bright ball of fire. "How does being burned alive sound?"

"No... NO!" Jeongho began to panic and yell as his burns increased. Hyunjin began to lower the ball of fire towards Jeongho when Seungmin cried out.

"Hyunjin stop!"

Hyunjin turned around to face Seungmin and the look on his face snapped Hyunjin out of all of his anger. Seungmin had tears running down his face and he looked terrified. Hyunjin's eyes and hair returned to normal and the intense heat radiating off his body came to an end. He dropped Jeongho who had passed out from fear and ran to Seungmin.

"Please stop, don't drop to his level." Seungmin said through his tears as Hyunjin approached him

Hyunjin just wrapped his arms around him. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. Let's get out of here and head to Connor's safe house okay? I'm sure they will find Rachel."

"Okay." 

"I love you Seungmin.

"I love you too Hyunjin. Let's just get out of here. Too much has happened today."