5

Hyunjin stared out the window of his and Seungmin's vehicle as he watched the city go by. The ride to their safehouse was unbearable. Not only was he paired with the one person that wouldn't speak, Seungmin wouldn't even look at him. Hyunjin didn't miss the opportunity to take a look at Seungmin though. He had never really gotten a good look at him before now. Sure he had always known about Seungmin cause of their dads serving on the council together but Hyunjin didn't ever share any classes with him and personally, found Naiads exhausting to interact with. Always so quiet or shy, and sassy too.

As he took in Seungmin he couldn't help but notice certain features he thought were unique. How his dark hair fell over his forehead in messy waves and curls. How one of his cheeks was just slightly chubbier than the other. How he bit his lip slightly as he concentrated on the book he was reading. He honestly didn't look too bad to Hyunjin's bisexual self

"Need something Hyunjin?" Seungmin looks up raising an eyebrow at him.

Hyunjin panicked, realizing he was caught he turned away blushing. "No! No, umm, I'm fine."

"Okay"

There was a pause before Hyunjin spoke up again.

"Why aren't you talking to me?"

"You assume that because you are the popular Hwang Hyunjin I want to talk to you?"

Hyunjin gasped, caught off guard by Seungmin's words.

"Well, I can't say I'm not used to it" he responds.

Seungmin sighs. "Typical."

Hyunjin wasn't about to give up. "What book are you reading?"

"Do you really care?"

'Not really, but I.."

"Then why should I tell you?"

Forget how good the boy looked, Hyunjin could not deal with this.

"You should tell me because I'm trying to talk to you. Whether we like it or not we're stuck together for who knows how long, and you're going to have to speak to me eventually." He exclaims with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"If you want to talk, try saying something important, or showing a genuine interest in what you're asking about." Seungmin shoots back. "There's no point in talking to people that never really listen."

"I can listen."

"But do you?"

"Most of the time, maybe, if it involves me. Okay not all the time, but it's a lot to take in, you can't expect me to pay attention to every word of the person I'm talking to."

"Stop Hyunjin. Just stop."

Hyunjin sits back in his seat letting the vehicle fall silent again. After another while of agonizing silence, he starts to try and engage with Seungmin again.

"Are you worried? About us, about your dad?"

Seungmin can hear the sincerity in his words. The fear he is trying to mask as he says them.

"Yes, I am. I still can't believe this is all happening." Seungmin pauses before continuing. "I'm worried about Felix. He lives by his routines. Being a member of a Royal Bloodline is stressful whether you are an heir or not. They help him feel in control whenever that stress builds up, remind him that everything is okay and running smoothly. He just had all that control ripped out from under him."

"Hey, he has his sister with him though right? That's got to make him feel some kind of security." Hyunjin pauses before continuing. "I'm worried about my mom. She doesn't have a bad bone in her body, she finds the good in everyone. I can't imagine how she feels knowing that her husband, or her son, or Connor and Gracie, or even herself are in danger."

Seungmin becomes intrigued at hearing the names of the two heirs.

"Why would your mom be worried about Connor and Gracie?" How do you all know each other so well?" Seungmin asks with genuine curiosity

"Haha, curious about me are you?" Hyunjin says with a confident smirk.

"Aaaand you ruined it."

"No, wait! Sorry. Habit." Hyunjin squeaks out before continuing again.

"We were raised together, all of our dads were friends before they joined the council. I was born first, followed by Connor a few months later, and then Gracie a few months after him. We're practically siblings."

Seungmin smiles brightly at Hyunjin and Hyunjin swears the world stops for a moment before he hears Seungmin speak.

"That sounds a lot like Felix and I."

Hyunjin smiles back. "See, maybe we aren't so different."

The two boys are interrupted by their driver telling them they've arrived at their safehouse.

As the boys begin unloading their luggage Hyunjin speaks up.

"Hey, Seungmin?"

"Yeah?"

"You have a really nice smile. "

Seungmin looks at Hyunjin to see a bright smile on his face and takes in his features as well. He makes note of how his jet black hair falls loosely onto his forehead, of his little mole underneath his eye, and how his eyes curl up into crescents when he smiles. The boy's looks certainly lived up to his reputation.

"Shut up" Seungmin quickly says as looks away becoming flustered.

Hyunjin lets out a chuckle as they make their way inside. Both of them thinking to themselves,

"Maybe this won't be so bad."

Hello everyone! We got our first full chapter of just Seungjin interactions and I am living for it. Seeing them start to open up to each other makes my heart full.💗💗 Also, thank you all for 100 reads, I know it may seem small but it's a milestone for me as a new writer that I was not expecting to hit so soon so thank you all so much! Stay tuned as the story continues!! 😁😁

-Storm