40

Dinner had been served and the table was lively. Everyone had started eating and was enjoying themselves.

"So, what's the plan for tomorrow?" Jeongin asks excitedly.

"Who says we need a plan? We're on vacation. Wake up when you want, go where you want, and relax." Hyunjin replies with a smile.

"Well, what is there to do around here?" Brittney asks next.

"Well, the beach is right below us with steps down to it from the house. The forests surrounding the house are great for hiking, the pool is always open, and we have jet skis, a boat, and scuba diving equipment; all of which Hyunjin, Gracie and I are certified to operate for us." Connor says happily

"Scuba diving sounds awesome!" Changbin says

"Speak for yourself, those jet skis are calling my name." Minho replies

"Oh, Jeongin, we should go hiking!" Chan says excitedly.

"But I wanna play in the ocean." Jeongin replies

Connor chuckles "We are here for two weeks, you guys will have plenty of time to do everything. Just remember not to cross the city boundaries when hiking."

"I'm sure all of us are tired from the drive though, so we should probably get some sleep first." Gracie continues after Connor.

As the table finished their meals Woojin was the first to get up. "I'm exhausted so I'm going to head to bed. Thanks, Minho, Brittney, Rachel, and Connor for the great meal."

"Hey, I helped too!" Hyunjin says in protest.

"No, you didn't." The four primary cooks reply simultaneously and Hyunjin pouts.

"I think I'm going to turn in as well." Brandi says as she gets up.

Within a few moments, most of the group had gone to their rooms. Only Felix and Rachel were left downstairs.

"Thanks for dinner Rachel." Felix smiles at her

"No problem." She says softly

"Hey, is everything alright."

"I'm still worried about Jaemin."

Felix grimaced upon hearing Jaemin's name. "He'll be fine, you shouldn't focus on him, we're on vacation and you need to have fun.

"You still don't trust him?"

"He hasn't earned that trust."

Rachel sighs. "I just wish everyone here would see him for the nice person he actually is. It must be hard for him to be ostracized by everyone."

Felix thought back to what Connor had said about his childhood torment at the hands of Jaemin and had to suppress the anger that built up in him.

"Rachel, I don't really want to talk about this right now. Can we just enjoy ourselves on this trip? Can you try? For your little brother?" 

"Okay, I'll try. Beach tomorrow?"

"Definitely."

~~

Seungmin was lying awake on his bed unable to sleep. The room Hyunjin had saved for him was quite nice. It was spacious and like all the other rooms on the backside of the house, it had a balcony overlooking the patio and the ocean. He made a mental note not to allow Jisung into the room because he would probably jump from the balcony into the pool below.

Seungmin was tired but no matter what he did he could not force himself to sleep. He left his room and went downstairs to get a glass of water. The house was calm and quiet with everyone asleep. It was almost eerie considering how loud everyone usually was. He felt like he was missing something that was keeping him from falling asleep. He began lazily walking, not paying attention to where his feet were carrying him until he found himself in front of the door to Hyunjin's room. He stopped, questioning why he had wandered here and not wanting to possibly wake the other male, but eventually he reached for the doorknob and entered the room.

Unlike Seungmin's obvious guest room, this room was Hyunjin's since childhood. Even in the dim light given by the moon, he could make out picture frames from his childhood and decorations that he had put up. Hyunjin was asleep on his bed, and Seungmin carefully closed Hyunjin's door before wandering over to his bed. He paused for a second before climbing into the bed next to him and pulling the blankets over himself. He felt Hyunjin start to stir at the newly added weight.

"Seungmin, is that you?" Hyujnin's voice was deep and raspy from sleeping and Seungmin felt his heart flutter.

"Yeah, it's me."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just couldn't sleep."

"Okay, let me know if you need anything."

"Can... can we cuddle?"

"Of course baby."

Seungmin's cheeks burned bright red at the use of the new nickname and when he felt Hyunjin's arms wrap around him he felt like his heart was going to explode. Hyunjin pulled the younger male's back against his chest so they were spooning and he held Seungmin tight enough to make him feel secure, but not so tight that he couldn't move. Seungmin melted into his embrace and felt comfortable. He began to feel his eyes start to get heavy and he spoke as he closed them.

"I love you, Hyunjin."

A huge smile comes to Hyunjin's face upon hearing the words of the younger. This was the first time Seungmin had told him he loves him, and he even said it first. Hyunjin couldn't help the backflips his heart was doing. He pulled Seungmin a little closer and began tracing little circles on his stomach before leaving a kiss on the back of his neck.

"I love you too, Seungmin."