19

It had been a few days since the funeral attack and things seemed to be returning to normal. Or at least as normal as they could be when stuck in a safe house. All of the heirs weren't completely stuck though. Given the circumstances that had just occurred the Council saw fit to give the heirs more breathing space. They still couldn't know the locations of the other safehouses but their boundaries were removed so they were allowed to travel the city as they pleased as long as the Council was notified of where they would be going. Seungmin was in their living room watching TV when Hyunjin entered the house with groceries.

"Seungmin, I'm back. Can you give me a hand."

"Sure."

As the two began putting away their groceries Seungmin struck up a small conversation with Hyunjin.

"How's Connor doing?"

"He's okay, he's still not over his father's death but it seems like there's something else. To be honest he hasn't spoken much to me. It's weird honestly. He seems to be avoiding me if he can." Hyunjin looks down with a frown on his face thinking for a few seconds before changing the subject.

"How's Felix?"

Seungmin smiles. "He's doing good as far as I know. He hasn't liked having to move again but Rachel has been keeping a close eye on him."

"That's good, I'm glad to see him recovering."

They put away the rest of their groceries in comfortable silence before Seungmin speaks up again.

"You said Connor's been avoiding you right?"

"Yeah?"

"Why don't you both have a best friends day. We are allowed to travel the city, so go to your favorite places, see if you can get him to open up and don't accept no for an answer."

Hyunjin ponders the thought before smiling at Seungmin. "You're right, that's a good idea."

"Of course it is! I came up with it."

"Did the Kim Seungmin just praise himself?"

"Shut up, you're rubbing off on me."

~~

"You know, you can't avoid him forever." Brittney says with an exasperated tone.

"I can try" Connor replies back quickly.

Connor had moved back in with Brittney but was doing nothing except moping around the house and frankly, she was tired of it.

"You have to talk to him, nothing is going to get better for you if you don't and you'll just wallow in your own sorrow and regret."

"That's fine."

"Like hell it is, I'm not about to let you sit here and waste your life away because it is starting to stress ME out. You need to...."

She is cut off by a ding coming in from Connor's phone. Connor unlocks it and sees Hyunjin's name but before he can ignore it Brittney snatches it out of his hands. She reads the message before starting to type.

Hyunjin (Glorified Toaster)

"Meet me at  12:00 at the cafe in the university district tomorrow? I want to hang out.

Me

Sure, I'll be there.

"You're an evil Demon." Connor scowls at Brittney