27

Trigger Warning

Seungmin was alone and tied up in his empty room. He had not seen anyone since the abduction. He knew he had to find some way to escape, but without being able to shift into water he couldn't break free of the restraints. He wondered if the other heirs were searching for him. They had to be. He was brought out of his thoughts by the door to his room opening, and a familiar face entering.

"H.. Hyunjin?"

"Hello Seungmin, how are you feeling?"

"Get. The fuck. Away from me."

"Aww, that's no way to talk to a close friend now, is it? Even when the PHLF has shown you such great hospitality."

"Why would you work with them? They want old race bloodlines dead."

"Yes, but they aren't without negotiating skills. They know a valuable asset when one presents itself, and an heir on their side is quite a valuable asset. I'll be well provided for once they have taken over."

"You're disgusting, you think the Council and the other heirs will let you and them get away with this? When they find me.."

"Hyunjin" interrupts him. "What makes you think they're looking for someone as worthless as you?"

Hyunjin's words sting Seungmin, still not able to believe everything between them was a lie.

"They have to."

"Hyunjin" lets out a dark chuckle. "No, they don't."

Seungmin ignores his words. 

"What do you want?"

"I wanted to play a little game, something to help you pass the time."

"Fuck off."

"Hyunjin" steps behind Seungmin where the restrained male cannot see him and his eyes turn orange and slit. "You know nobody cares about you right? I didn't, what makes you think anyone else did?"

The words flow into Seungmin's ears rattling around in his head.

"N..no, that's not true."

"Hyunjin" steps back into Seungmin's field of vision.

"Let's get that game started."

"What game?"

"It's a simple one really. It takes the form of a question" "Hyunjin gives an evil smile. "How long does it take a Naiad to beg for death?"

Seungmin's eyes widen as "Hyunjin" pulls out a knife, smooth and sharp on one end and serrated on the other. The other male begins to step forward placing the smooth half of the blade against the top of his leg before leaving a shallow cut through his jeans. Seungmin feels the pain course through him but remains silent.

"Oooh, not enough huh? Don't worry, I have all the time in the world."

"Hyunjin" moves around to Seungmin's side and leaves more cuts along his arms and leg. Seungmin still remained quiet even as the pain intensified.

"Okay then, let's try something else."

"Hyunjin" moves to the front of Seungmin before taking his shirt in his hands and cutting it clean down the middle, ripping the garment off of him and leaving Seungmin's upper body exposed. Seungmin shudders as the cold air moves against his body. 

"I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere now ok?"

As soon as the other male had left the room tears begin to build on Seungmin's face. How could Hyunjin do this to him, to anyone? What happened to the sweet and caring boy he had kissed by the riverside. He looks up once he hears the door open and "Hyunjin" smiles upon seeing the tears rolling down his face.

"Aww, did someone hurt you?"

"W..why? Why are you doing this to me?" Seungmin says with his head down.

"Because I can. I can do whatever I want to you. I could even kill you." His eyes turn orange and slit again. "And nobody will miss you."

The words roll around in Seungmin's head.

"N..nobody?" He looks up at "Hyunjin" who is now holding electrodes in his hands. His eyes grow wide again in fear upon seeing them. "Hyunjin" begins placing them all over Seungmin's exposed upper body as the boy begins to struggle in his restraints.

"No, no please don't!"

"Oh don't worry, it'll be fun." The other male chuckles. "Be sure to scream extra loud for me now."

"Please don..." He is interrupted by "Hyunjin activating the electrodes.

Seungmin screams out in pain as the electricity courses through his body

"That's a good boy." "Hyunjin's" eyes turn orange and slit again. "Scream like the worthless animal you are. Nobody is coming to save you." He says as he turns up the intensity of the electricity.

Seungmin's screams of agony fill the room entirely and Seungmin's mind fills with "Hyunjin's" words.

"Worthless."

"Animal."

'Nobody cares about you."

Seungmin blacks out from the pain, the last thing he sees being "Hyunjin's" smiling face staring down at him.