The World of Aether

Aether was a world inhabited by many races all having supernatural powers and abilities except pure humans. Humans were highly innovative and adaptable to make up for their lack of supernatural ability. 

Over the millennia the races interbred with humans and the old races as their own pure species went extinct. All that remains are humans with varying degrees of blood from the old races. These blood traces manifest themselves in humans through the supernatural abilities of the races as well as varying eye colors whenever the abilities of the race they descended from are in use. The more ancient race blood a human has, the more powerful their supernatural abilities. For practical purposes, Humans with any degree of old race blood that gives them supernatural abilities are referred to by the name of the old race they are descended from.

 The world of Aether is governed by the leading families of each of the race bloodlines. These families have the highest concentration of old race blood for each race that once existed and sit together on the Aetherean Council. Humans with no old race blood are represented by the Pure Human family that created the Council. These families are known as the Aetherean Royal Bloodlines despite any true royalty and each of their council seats is hereditary through equal primogeniture meaning that the firstborn regardless of gender will take the place of the previous Councilmember. Should any family wish to give up their council seat they may name a family to take their place with the majority approval of the rest of the council.

 Until recently, the council has maintained a tenuous balance between the descendants of the old races, but what will happen when that balance is broken?

Hey everyone! This is my first fanfic so please bear with me as I work out all the kinks, this is a totally new experience that I'm really excited to try. 😁😁😁

-Storm