6

Connor and Brittney had just finished unloading their luggage and he finally got to take a look around his new home. He wasn't sure about the other safehouses but his and Brittney's was actually quite nice. It had a living room complete with a flat-screen TV and surround sound stereo system as well as a fully stocked kitchen connected to the living room. Down the hall from the living room were two separate bedrooms each with their own bathrooms. 

He decides to walk over to Brittney's room and properly introduce himself. Sure he had seen her around campus and knew she was the heiress to the Fairy Royal Bloodline, but he had never gotten to speak to her face to face. He knocks on her bedroom door before entering to see her unpacking. She turns around and smiles at him and he returns the gesture.

"Hey, I just wanted to properly introduce myself seeing as we'll be living together for the foreseeable future. I'm..."

Brittney cuts him off. "Connor Oudman, 19 years old, heir to the Celestial Royal Bloodline. Your best friends are Hwang Hyunjin the Ifrit Heir, and Gracie Palaneh the Djin heiress, and through some genetic miracle, you were born with the highest concentration of celestial blood in centuries despite your race bloodline being reduced to your immediate family."

Connor steps back stunned. "How did you?"

"I make it a point to learn all I can about the people I'm going to be involved with, and you are quite well known."

Connor gives a hesitant half-smile."Well, that's not creepy at all."

Brittany quickly defends herself. "When you think about it, it really isn't. Knowledge is power, and I hate being caught off guard."

"Anything else you know about me then?"

"Because of your love of politics and Council affairs, you are the favorite heir of the Aetherean Council. Minus Jaemin's father of course. It seems you and Jaemin have been on bad terms since you were young. That stunt you two pulled at the meeting was quite something. I was prepared to see you drop to the floor writhing in pain, or Jaemin being flung out a window without you laying a finger on him."

"The guy's a sadist simple as that. Anyone on good terms with him is nobody I want to be involved with." Connor exclaims bluntly. "Enough about me though, shouldn't you spill your life story to me seeing as you obviously already know mine?"

Brittney laughs. "Maybe not my whole life story right now but I can at least introduce myself. My name is Brittney Houftton. I am 19 years old and the heiress to the Fairy Royal Bloodline. Perhaps you'll get more information depending on how long we're stuck here, or perhaps not."

"You don't trust me?" Connor fakes shock and disappointment.

"I know about you, but I don't know you. I'm not about to spill my secrets to someone I just really met."

"Aww, and here I thought we were going to paint each other's nails and talk about boys." Connor says sarcastically.

"Maybe eventually, and don't you mean girls?" 

Connor simply chuckles. "Bold of you to assume I'm straight."

Brittney pauses stunned before laughing. "Noted."

A comfortable silence takes over the house as the two go about finishing their unpacking. Connor begins placing the last of his items in his room. A poster of a galaxy goes up on his wall, some star lights are hung across the ceiling, and on the nightstand, on each side of his bed, he places a picture of his parents on the left and a picture him, Hyunjin, and Gracie on the right.

"Hey, Connor!" He hears Brittney shout from the kitchen. "My mom just texted me saying each of the safehouses has been assigned an agent that will be periodically checking up on us and dropping off a credit card we can use to purchase groceries and home needs when he stops by. He'll also be dropping off the phone numbers of all the other heirs so we can stay in contact with each other. She says the Council wants us to try and stay calm and they want to make our stays as comfortable as possible."

Connor just sighs "Because hiding from murderous pure human supremacists is supposed to be a relaxing break from everyday life."

Brittney chides him "You know, in all of my digging I didn't find anything about how sarcastic you could be."

"The more you know." He responds.

A silence envelops the house again as Connor stares at the picture of Gracie and Hyunjin.

"I hope you guys are alright."