24

"I'm heading out Felix, I won't be back until later."

"Okay, be safe!"

"I will! Lock the door behind me."

"I will."

Felix watched as Rachel walked out and he stood up to lock the door behind her. He planned for an uneventful night and sat down on the couch to watch TV. He wondered what Jaemin and Rachel could be doing. To be completely honest, he was grateful that Jaemin saved his life, but he still did not trust him completely. Maybe Rachel was right and he was simply misunderstood, but he couldn't shake the feeling that something about him was off. He pushed the thoughts out of his mind and returned to his show. A calm quiet took over the safe house aside from the noise from the TV, and Felix could feel himself calming down. He enjoyed the peace, but his attention was drawn to his window. He could have sworn he saw movement out of the corner of his eye. He decided to ignore it until he saw it again. Now Felix was unsettled, he got up and walked over to the window to look outside but he couldn't see anything, everything was still. He decided to head to his room and shut the TV off. 

Upon entering his room he shut the door and laid down on his bed scrolling through his phone for a little bit. Once he was bored of his mindless scrolling he got up again and walked over to his window. It had an excellent view of the central city with the council tower rising up into the heavens right in the middle. At his window again, movement in the bushes around the safe house catches his eye. He looks down and freezes. Staring back at him from the bushes were two glowing orange slit eyes. Felix immediately shuts the blinds of his window and locks his bedroom door. His mind flashes back to the incident where he was chased by the assassin and fear begins to set in. The walls around him seemed to be shrinking, and his breathing was speeding up, he sunk down to the floor and knew he was starting to have a panic attack. He quickly reached for his phone and dialed Seungmin. He waited but got no response.

His fear began to intensify as he stared at his phone not knowing what to do. His eyes land on another contact and he dials Connor.

Connor was almost back to his safe house when his phone rings and he answers

"Hello, Felix? What's up?"

Felix's words are hoarse and forced.

"Panic attack... glowing eyes... men outside.

On the other end of the line, Connor immediately tenses up.

"Felix, where are you? Where's Rachel?"

"At safehouse... she's out..." Felix's breathing begins increasing rapidly. "Can't breathe..."

"Felix, listen to me. Focus on my voice and do exactly as I say. I need you to tell me about your surroundings, point them out to me in detail to help calm yourself down. Where are you right now?"

"Bedroom."

"Okay, tell me what you see, everything is important.

"Wood floor. It's brown."

"Good, keep going.

"Light yellow wall. My bed has a yellow comforter on it"

"Is there anything on your bed?"

"Plushies."

"What kind of plushies, tell me about them, how many are there?"

"Cat plushies." Felix can feel himself beginning to calm down. "There are 3 one is blue and the other two are pink."

"Does your room have a window?"

"Yes."

"What's outside the window."

"I can see... the council tower."

"Where are you in relation to the council tower.

"South of it, by a forest."

"Good, thank you, Felix. I'll see you soon."

"What?" The line drops dead. As soon as it does so Felix begins to panic again. He shuts his eyes trying not to think about anything except calming down when he feels arms wrap around him. He opens his eyes to see Connor in front of him, his celestial eyes glowing brightly.

"How did you?"

"No time to explain, what did the eyes you saw look like?"

"They were orange with slit pupils."

"Kitsune." Connor pauses for a moment looking around the room. "Are you okay to stand up?"

"Y..yeah." Felix says as he begins to stand.

"We need to get out of here now."

The two boys head into the living room as someone begins knocking on the door.

"Felix, it's me Rachel."

Felix lets out a sigh of relief heading to open the door before Connor grabs his arm.

"Do not open that door."

"What, why? It's Rachel."

"Felix, listen to me. That is not Rachel." Another knock interrupts the two.

"Felix, hello? Can you let me in? Do I hear another voice in there? We aren't supposed to have anyone at the safe house."

Felix tries to go to the door again but Connor holds him back more tightly this time.

"Let me go, I know Rachel, that's her voice."

"Felix, all of us were given our own keys to our safehouses. Why would she need to ask you to let her in?"

Felix freezes and steps away from the door. Connor was right.

"Rachel, why don't you just use your key to get in?" Felix calls out.

"Oh, I uh, I think I dropped it somewhere. Can you please just let me in, it's getting cold out here."

Felix looks back at Connor with fear in his eyes.

"Are there any other exits?" Connor asks with urgency in his tone.

"None other than the windows, but there could be more men outside."

"Alright then. Wrap your arms around me and hold on tightly, and please don't throw up."

Felix wraps around Connor. "What are you doing, why would I throw up?"

"First time teleporting tends to do that to Non-Celestials. We are going to my safe house. Hang on tight."

Felix watched as Connor's eyes began to glow. In a split second, they were standing in a living room and Felix felt like his stomach had been thrown in an industrial blender. Brittney screams when she sees the two unexpectedly.

"Oh my God, what the hell! Why would you just teleport here out of nowhere and what is Felix doing with you?!

"Men at his safehouse, Kitsune impersonating Rachel. He's staying here, for the time being, I need to get in contact with the council. They need to know that moves are being made against...."

Connor was interrupted by his cell phone ringing. He opens it to see Hyunjin calling him. As soon as he answers he hears Hyunjin's frantic breathing on the other end.

"Seungmin's gone!"