55

Rachel was at the door as soon as Jaemin had arrived. She was excited to see him again but nervous given everything she had seen in Connor's memories. She pushed down her worries when she saw his bright smile once she opened the door.

"Hey! Long time no see. You got tan at the beach. It looks good." Jaemin said brightly

"Thanks, I hope you're feeling better. Do you have any idea what happened? That sickness came out of nowhere."

"I have a pretty good idea of what it was, but it's not a big deal. I'm feeling a lot better.

"That's good to hear. What's the plan for breakfast?"

"I was thinking that cafe we went to on our first outing together? The food was really good."

"That sounds great!"

As the two left the Lee residence Rachel intertwined her hand with Jaemin who happily locked their fingers. The sun was shining brightly and the sky was clear. The wind blew gently down the city streets and birds were chirping in the trees. It was a perfect day.

Once the two arrived at the cafe Rachel sat down while Jaemin ordered their food and drinks. It didn't take long for their order to be ready and Jaemin to join her at the table. The two ate their food making small talk and Rachel enjoyed his company. The two quickly finished their food and exited the cafe after paying. As they were walking down the street Jaemin spoke up.

"So, Rachel, I have to ask." Jaemin began. "Why did you decide to hang out with me as much as you have? I know your brother and Connor aren't exactly my biggest fans."

"Well, at first it was just to repay you for saving Felix's life that day, but I came to enjoy your company. I had been lonely for a while with Felix out with Seungmin or doing schoolwork and our parents always out working. You took away my loneliness and you've been really sweet."

"I appreciate that. Most people take one look at me and avoid me like the plague because I'm a Demon."

"People shouldn't be so quick to judge. I mean, I did see Connor's memories of what you did to him while we were at the beach house, but that was years ago. People can change and you clearly have." Rachel said smiling.

"Oh, I'm sorry Rachel. Well, actually I'm not."

"What are you talking about?" 

It was at this moment that Rachel realized she had just been following Jamein without paying attention to where they were going. They had entered a darker area of the city and nobody was around.

Jaemin sneered as his eyes turned black. "You should have listened to Connor."

Rachel wanted to run away but couldn't as she found Jaemin's eyes locked directly with hers. She felt her mind growing cloudy as if she was being blocked off from her own brain.

"You're going to come with me now. You won't resist and you'll act natural as we travel to our next location."

"Okay Jaemin, sounds like fun!" Rachel said cheerfully while in her own mind she was screaming before everything went black.

Jaemin pulled out his phone and quickly dialed Jeongho as well as Brandi's mother.

"I have her, you two may begin."

~~

Felix woke up after Rachel had left remembering that she would be gone, but when he came downstairs to find his mom and dad gone as well, he was surprised. H walked over to his fridge to find a sticky note on it.

"Your dad and I got called for an emergency spousal council meeting on the PHLF by Seungmin's father. There is breakfast in the fridge for you to heat up. We don't know how long the meeting will last so have a good day sweetie! XOXO -Mom"

Felix couldn't shake the feeling that something was off about the situation so he called Seungmin.

"Hello?" Seungmin said from the other line

"Did your dad call an emergency spousal council meeting?"

"What? No? My dad left because Hyunjin's dad called a meeting?"

"My parents said your dad called a meeting.. hang on, Hyunjin is calling me."

Felix quickly switched lines.

"Yeah Hyunjin?"

"Do you know what's up with the meeting your mom called?" Hyunjin said nonchalantly.

"My parents?! My parents said Seungmin's dad called it and Seungmin just said your dad called it."

Felix was beginning to grow tense, none of this was making any sense. 

"Hyunjin, how long have you been awake?" Do you know when your parents left?"

"They left about 15 minutes ago. They should be arriving at the council tower soon."

"I don't like this. I'm going to call Connor and see if he's heard anything. Can you and Seungmin find out where everyone else is and see if their parents are experiencing the same thing?"

"Yeah, no problem." Hyunjin said before the line went dead

Felix quickly dialed Connor and the phone rang a few times before he answered with a groggy hello, he had obviously still been sleeping.

"Did you get an emergency council notification?"

"No? But with everything that's been happening I haven't been officially worn into my council position yet so I wouldn't get alerts. Why? What's going on.  You sound worried."

"My parents got a spousal meeting alert from Seungmin's dad. Seungmin's parents got one from Hyunjin's dad. Hyunjin's parents got one from my mom. None of this is making sense and I'm worried."

"That's strange, but it could just be a system malfunction. Is Rachel as concerned as you?"

"Rachel's not home, she's out with..." Felix's blood ran cold. "Connor, she's with Jaemin. Fuck, she's with Jaemin!"

"Can you try calling her?" Connor's voice was urgent

Felix dialed her number in an effort to conference her into his current call but it went to voicemail. He tried again and got the same result.

"She's not answering."

"Shit. I'll be over at your place in a few minutes. We can find get everyone together at the council tower."

"Connor, what if she's..."

"Don't start thinking like that Felix. Just try and stay calm for now and we'll figure this out. I'll see you soon."

We are entering the beginning of the end but I've still got a few surprises in store including one big one😏. I hope everyone is still enjoying the story. Don't forget to stream Close by Jisung, and Hyunjin's When The Party's Over dance cover. Stay safe and healthy everyone. 

-Storm